TE OJ Howard available?

McGowan

5 hours ago, Elgin Slim said:

According to Walterfootball.com, Michael Lombardi has said OJ Howard is available. Would you give up something to grab him? 

https://walterfootball.com/nflpossibilities.php

Unfortunately now that Graham is on the roster TE isn’t as much a need.  Not at the risk of surrendering a draft pick for.  

If you were to ask me whether Howard would be a better option right now versus Graham AND Burton right now, I would say ‘yes’. 

I’m surprised that Brady doesn’t insist he stay.  

44 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’m surprised that Brady doesn’t insist he stay.  

That should tell us all we need to know about his value.  You know Tom loves to throw to TEs and if he wanted him there he'd be staying.  

6 hours ago, AZ54 said:

That should tell us all we need to know about his value.  You know Tom loves to throw to TEs and if he wanted him there he'd be staying.  

Well as the article indicates, Arians has no need for TEs in his offense.  And besides they still have Brate.

In looking at a few of their ‘Talk’ pages the Bucs are in need of a Tackle.  Their first hope is to move up in the draft.  Their pawn?  OJ Howard.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Well as the article indicates, Arians has no need for TEs in his offense.  And besides they still have Brate.

In looking at a few of their ‘Talk’ pages the Bucs are in need of a Tackle.  Their first hope is to move up in the draft.  Their pawn?  OJ Howard.  

What about trading Massie or Leno for Howard? 

On 4/16/2020 at 3:40 PM, Elgin Slim said:

According to Walterfootball.com, Michael Lombardi has said OJ Howard is available. Would you give up something to grab him? 

https://walterfootball.com/nflpossibilities.php

At first I was a bit skeptical of this idea.  With recent developments I’m beginning to rethink this.  This article speaks on some valid points and besides OJ Howard suggests current Brown TE David Njokwu. With the Bucs needing an OT the Browns reason for ridding of a potential high ceiling tight end like Njokwu?  Their signing of Austin Hooper to a load of money.  

https://dawindycity.com/2020/04/17/chicago-bears-rumors-trey-burton-release-big-move/

One other ironic tidbit of interesting trivia . ESPN Sports Science did a piece on Njoku when he came out of college.  Their NFL comparison at the time?  Jimmy Graham.  

I seen on Twitter that the bears and Tampa are working on a trade for Howard.  They say the bears are offering a 5th next yr.  Normally I would dismiss as a writer just suggesting this might happen.  The story is from NBC sports  , not a typical storyteller. 

19 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I seen on Twitter that the bears and Tampa are working on a trade for Howard.  They say the bears are offering a 5th next yr.  Normally I would dismiss as a writer just suggesting this might happen.  The story is from NBC sports  , not a typical storyteller. 

Part of the Bucs need is at OT.  Maybe they could be convinced Leno AND a low round draft pick would sweeten the deal?  I know a certain guy from NY that would approve.

*update*:  Jason LaCanfora said that the Patriots are hot to trot to get Howard.  And apparently the Redskins were right on the verge of getting Howard with a trade that involved Trent Williams before Gronk went to Tampa.  They are still considered as interested.  We can’t compete with that firepower.  Williams from the Redskins or multiple draft picks to choose from with the Pats...  oy vey.  

I dont think their that dumb to take on a 9 million salary for a below average LT.  They have the 14th pick which puts in the sweet spot to grab a top OT. Their next pick is 45 so they have same options we do for a OT if they pass at 14. I believe that they grab a OT at 14 and a IOL at 45. Tampa has there full slate of picks, so they shouldn't have a problem filling all their needs.

53 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Part of the Bucs need is at OT.  Maybe they could be convinced Leno AND a low round draft pick would sweeten the deal?  I know a certain guy from NY that would approve.

*update*:  Jason LaCanfora said that the Patriots are hot to trot to get Howard.  And apparently the Redskins were right on the verge of getting Howard with a trade that involved Trent Williams before Gronk went to Tampa.  They are still considered as interested.  We can’t compete with that firepower.  Williams from the Redskins or multiple draft picks to choose from with the Pats...  oy vey.  

Anything Lacanfora says has a 2% chance of being correct. 

I would jump on it using a 2021 4th or 5th. We should toss in Shaheen so they have baby and daddy gronk.