Stinger226

Options:      trade back 43 to Cincinnati for 65- 107- 147

Grant Delpit 

K. J. Hamiler 

Cesar Ruiz 

Josh Jones 

A. J. Terrel

What do you do? 

Wen I do mocks, when a really good player is there, I have to ask myself if one or whoever is on the list is to good a player to pass up.  Then try to trade your 50 . Is any of them players capable of being a top 15 in the league. From what I read the only 2 with that kind of potential would be Ruiz and Delpit.  The rest I wouldn't hesitate to trade back. So the question is not what we would do but really is WHAT  you think the bears would do.i would have to think long and hard about Jones. a potential 8 yr starter at LT after a yr of gaining strength and tutoring.  He could replace Leno next year and if he gets hurt fill in this year. Everyone here wants Leno replaced.  Preferably soon.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Without knowing what can play out at 50, if you get a trade back option that gives you a couple of picks in the top 150 at 43, you have to take it, because the trade option may not be there at 50. 

The problem is they don't know about 50 until you get there.  Your in the draft room and  have to make a decision. Nobody is going  to trade with you until your on the clock.  They can't presume who will be there over knowing who is there. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The problem is they don't know about 50 until you get there.  Your in the draft room and  have to make a decision. Nobody is going  to trade with you until your on the clock.  They can't presume who will be there over knowing who is there. 

That's exactly what I am saying. If you get a trade offer to move down at 43, you have to take it because it might not be there later.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Josh Jones plays  LT. 

oops youre right!

Id alos look at some of the other LOTs too rather than trading out of that spot.

I think that either 43 or 50 are going to an OLT, but I would be Ok if the right player fell at 43 to wait until 50 for it.

The only 3 that could be there in our spot that might drop are Jones, Cleveland or Jackson that are rated high.  OTs like Price Tego Wanogho, Naing and Isiah Wilson are lower rated than our draft spot.  Would be considered reaching.  If we trade back they come in play.  I like Matt Peart and Robert Hunt 90 to 110 range that could be just as good. That gives us the option to pick a SS and WR before we need to draft the OT. Anyone I mentioned here probably aren't first year starters other than an injury to Leno or Massie. 

Yeah, I was thinking of Cleveland and Jackson. I would be against reaching for Wanogho at 43 for sure, and Niang and Wilson are probably ROTs anyway.

I can definitely see the draft shaking out so that we take our OT at 50 rather than 43, but if our scouts have different ratings on guys that the common wisdom that could change everything - and then we pray they were right.