NFC North Draft Picks

adam

So thru 3 rounds, this is what we are looking at:

DET - Decent draft but missed opportunity to take Tua and/or trade Stafford, or trade down
1. Okudah, CB - basically replaces Slay, good for salary cap, but team really doesn't improve much. Highest DB ever selected, passed on Tua
2. Swift, RB - they already have KJ, so at most RBBC, they must be concerned about KJ's health. Good value pick
3. Okwara, Edge - Decent pick in the 3rd Round, brother is already on the team, reminds me a lot of Floyd, seems more comfortable as just a speed rusher. 
4. Jackson, G - Interesting pick, Jackson had a 4th to 5th round grade from most sites, so Pick 75, 11th pick of the 3rd was seen as a reach with so much talent still on the board. 

GB - Right now, a laughable draft from guys wearing clown shoes
1. Love, QB - traded up for a QB? This will be debated for years. If Love replaces Rodgers and becomes a franchise QB, the team looks brilliant, if he doesn't and the team struggles in the next few years, this will be one of the reasons why.
2. Dillon, RB - a RB at 62 when you already have Aaron Jones? Another head-scratcher here. Are they trying to keep Jones fresh? 
3. Deguara, TE - a very productive college TE who comes in immediately as the best TE on their roster. However, he was not projected as a 3rd Round pick, so this is a huge reach here with so much talent on the board. He would have probably been available in the 5th. 

MIN - The gerbil wheel draft, almost every pick replaces a star player they lost
1. Jefferson, WR - replaces Diggs but is more like Thielen, so it will be interesting to see how the team looks
2. Gladney, CB - replaces Waynes, great player, but just like Jefferson, not really getting better as a team
3. Cleveland, OT - this is a good spot to get Cleveland
4. Dantzler, CB, replaces Alexander/Rhodes, team not really improving much

Detroit is probably the most improved, but only slightly with Okwara. GB is laughably worse than last year and this draft does nothing to improve them. Minnesota picked up some good players, but only to replace holes they created. If you compare to the Bears picks, we actually got better:

1. Kmet paired with Graham is light years ahead of Burton and Shaheen. Our worst unit is clearly upgraded.
2. Johnson might end up as the best CB in the draft. Replaces Prince, which is an upgrade. Our CBs are now Fuller/Johnson/Skrine backed up by Toliver/Burns/Roberson/Shelley. That unit might be a strength. 

Looking at that I'd say Detroit did well.  Okuda is a shutdown corner and Swift is a good RB.  I liked Okwara and think that's a good pick as well.  

GB is a head scratcher with the trade up for a QB and then reaching in the 2nd Rd on a 4th Rd RB.  I liked Dillon but not at 62.   I liked Deguara too but he's a complimentary piece to a position and seems like they went a round early on him too.  I really like the fact they did nothing to improve on defense.

I agree on the Vikings:  good draft but more or less just replacing all the parts they just lost.  

3 hours ago, adam said:

1. Love, QB - traded up for a QB? This will be debated for years. If Love replaces Rodgers and becomes a franchise QB, the team looks brilliant, if he doesn't and the team struggles in the next few years, this will be one of the reasons why.

Sounds like you’ve heard this story before?  I know I have.   Which because its GB, I’m good with.

10 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Sounds like you’ve heard this story before?  I know I have.   Which because its GB, I’m good with.

There is a big difference.  Rodgers fell a lot in the draft.  Love ended up being picked about where he was expected to go.  Love has the physical talent to be a starter.  We'll know years from now if he can overcome his bad habits.  

21 hours ago, adam said:

So thru 3 rounds, this is what we are looking at:

DET - Decent draft but missed opportunity to take Tua and/or trade Stafford, or trade down
1. Okudah, CB - basically replaces Slay, good for salary cap, but team really doesn't improve much. Highest DB ever selected, passed on Tua
2. Swift, RB - they already have KJ, so at most RBBC, they must be concerned about KJ's health. Good value pick
3. Okwara, Edge - Decent pick in the 3rd Round, brother is already on the team, reminds me a lot of Floyd, seems more comfortable as just a speed rusher. 
4. Jackson, G - Interesting pick, Jackson had a 4th to 5th round grade from most sites, so Pick 75, 11th pick of the 3rd was seen as a reach with so much talent still on the board. 

GB - Right now, a laughable draft from guys wearing clown shoes
2. Dillon, RB - a RB at 62 when you already have Aaron Jones? Another head-scratcher here. Are they trying to keep Jones fresh? 
3. Deguara, TE - a very productive college TE who comes in immediately as the best TE on their roster. However, he was not projected as a 3rd Round pick, so this is a huge reach here with so much talent on the board. He would have probably been available in the 5th. 

MIN - The gerbil wheel draft, almost every pick replaces a star player they lost
1. Jefferson, WR - replaces Diggs but is more like Thielen, so it will be interesting to see how the team looks
2. Gladney, CB - replaces Waynes, great player, but just like Jefferson, not really getting better as a team
3. Cleveland, OT - this is a good spot to get Cleveland
4. Dantzler, CB, replaces Alexander/Rhodes, team not really improving much

Detroit is probably the most improved, but only slightly with Okwara. GB is laughably worse than last year and this draft does nothing to improve them. Minnesota picked up some good players, but only to replace holes they created. If you compare to the Bears picks, we actually got better:

1. Kmet paired with Graham is light years ahead of Burton and Shaheen. Our worst unit is clearly upgraded.
2. Johnson might end up as the best CB in the draft. Replaces Prince, which is an upgrade. Our CBs are now Fuller/Johnson/Skrine backed up by Toliver/Burns/Roberson/Shelley. That unit might be a strength. 

With all the different draftsite experts this  shows you how much they get wrong.  One had him going in the third but then had Prince Wego going there to.