WHAT'S NEXT

Stinger226

4 hours ago, scs787 said:

Lol. She was a whore, it's all good. I'm already talking to other girls.

It's been a fun ride so far. Once I get all caught up I'm gonna post more. Right now I'm still working 66ish hours a week on the road, so I'm watching one game a day and I've been laser focused on it. 

Ok be nice.  it's all like a death...We all have to go forth and learn.

Between Artavis Pierce and Trevor Davis, they may be trying to replace Cohen before he becomes a UFA. I don't think Cohen gets a 2nd contract with the Bears, so it makes sense to start bringing guys in to find his eventual replacement.

5 hours ago, adam said:

Between Artavis Pierce and Trevor Davis, they may be trying to replace Cohen before he becomes a UFA. I don't think Cohen gets a 2nd contract with the Bears, so it makes sense to start bringing guys in to find his eventual replacement.

Could be, it will depend on how much he is looking for.  They do need to draft another prospect mid draft hopefully next draft.

12 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Looks like we’ve added Ted Ginn jnr. Thought we were set at WR. 

We now have ARob, Miller, Ginn, Mooney, Wims, Ridley, Patterson, and Davis. Crazy to think 1 or 2 of them won't make the roster.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

They may have signed Ginn as a kick returner too. If we cut Patterson, we open up $5 Million on the cap for Jason Peters or a Safety...

Why would they cut Patterson? He was there best special teamer last year.  

Peace

If they were going to cut Patterson they would have did it before now. I think Patterson is going to get more reps at RB and maybe that is why we haven't signed a free agent RB yet. The last time Ginn returned kicks was 3 yrs ago where he had 19 punt returns for a 5.4 av. Doubt if they use him there. I didn't realize Peters had such a low salary, he might still be an option.  1 yr 4 mil? 

I like Patterson a LOT. I do hope we keep him. I would like to see him used more in the offense. If they can get value in the field from him, great. BUt they have to work him in and call his number.

I was just saying that with Ginn on the team, Patterson's returner role overlaps. And that he is a place to find $5 Million in cap room *IF* you need it for something you think would be more helpful.

I don't know if I can go so far, as much as I hate Leno, to say that I WOULD cut or trade Patterson and get Peters. But I'd have to think about it at least, and signing Ginn just changed that calculation, even if only a little.

Btw, the defense is stacked. We went from Floyd to Quinn, Prince to Johnson, and HHCD to Gipson. We have Jenkins rotating on the line with Trevis Gipson replacing Lynch as Edge3. The winner of Roberson, Burns, Toliver is our CB3. Mingo is our ILB3. Bush is our S3. We have are pretty solid across the board while returning 8 starters.

7 hours ago, adam said:

Btw, the defense is stacked. We went from Floyd to Quinn, Prince to Johnson, and HHCD to Gipson. We have Jenkins rotating on the line with Trevis Gipson replacing Lynch as Edge3. The winner of Roberson, Burns, Toliver is our CB3. Mingo is our ILB3. Bush is our S3. We have are pretty solid across the board while returning 8 starters.

Quinn >> Floyd.   Prince = Johnson but hopefully by late in the season Johnson will be the better player.   HHCD to Gipson I'm not sure but I don't think we are any worse and might be a little better there.   The CB depth and fight for roster spots might be the best we've ever had.  We start Fuller/Johnson/Skrine  then Shelley, Vildor, Burns,  Toliver, Roberson, and off the practice squad Denmark and Joseph fighting for perhaps 2 or 3 spots.    

The cool thing about this defense is they will bring a pass rush with out adding extra rushers.  7 people jamming the receivers with less time to throw.  The turn overs are coming back. As AZ stated by the end the year this group could be better than last year's group. That will be pretty to watch.

Yeah the defense is looking VERY good on paper. ANd considering the core was already working, it is an easy prediction that they will be really good this year. Top 3 or better even.

There is a lot of reason for optimism on the offensive side of the ball too, but until one of the QBs takes the reigns and establishes some rhythm and expectations, it's just a bunch of names. Unlike the defense there is no core to build on, so predictions are tougher to make.

Imagine that the defense plays lights out, but Nagy's offense never quite finds a rhythm. Imagine that we go 9-7 or 10-6, and then make an early exit in the playoffs, maybe winning one playoff game first. Imagine that all season and in the playoffs the defense kills it but the offense sputters.

Do you fire Nagy but keep Pace? Maybe promote Pagano?

Now imagine that the offense finds some rhythm with Graham and Ginn contributing heavily. There's no future there anyway given their ages.

It's going to be a really interesting season. If all the cards fall right, it might even buy a us super bowl, but then a lot of our players would be free agents again anyway in 2021.

Is this what it's like to be a Yankees fan?

If they have a winning record, I don't think either one is gone. They need to establish a running game and keep it part of every game plan. Average QB play gets us in the offense. We have to score TDs in the red this year instead of FGs. That's where the new TEs make  a difference. 

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If they have a winning record, I don't think either one is gone. They need to establish a running game and keep it part of every game plan. Average QB play gets us in the offense. We have to score TDs in the red this year instead of FGs. That's where the new TEs make  a difference. 

I agree with all of that.

What if the winning record is all defense though?