New RB

Stinger226

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

C. Patterson is solely working out with the RB group. Makes sense.  I see him getting 100 reps with Cohen dropping to 50. The concept that we actually run the ball more. 

I could also see Cohen being traded either before the season or at the deadline (to get something for him).

On 8/15/2020 at 7:25 PM, Mongo3451 said:

I hope not

He is on the last year of his rookie deal and would become a FA after the season. I don't think they can commit that much money to RB2/3 than they already are. Also, his play dropped off significantly last year compared to the year before. He had a 3.3 YPC and 5.8 Y/R with his longest play of 31 yards. That's fringe 53-roster level production.

2 hours ago, adam said:

He is on the last year of his rookie deal and would become a FA after the season. I don't think they can commit that much money to RB2/3 than they already are. Also, his play dropped off significantly last year compared to the year before. He had a 3.3 YPC and 5.8 Y/R with his longest play of 31 yards. That's fringe 53-roster level production.

I'd rather see him return to 2018 form than get a 5th or 6th round pick.  The fact of how terribly Nagy, the OL, WR's and Trubisky performed last year tells me it will be better this year.  He is a weapon that has to be accounted for.

10 hours ago, adam said:

The lack of production was not all his fault last year. Blame it on Nagy, shitty OL play and bad play callings. Will be back to his first few years.