I lost my bet to Stinger

BearFan PHX

Well, opening day happened, and Leno was the starting LT, so Stringer was right, he won the bet and I lost.

I also think Leno played Ok today. He had a couple bad moments, but by and large, I give him a B.

I'll still reserve judgement to see how he holds up against other pass rushers he will face, so as to whether I am right that he needed to go or was too hasty, I suppose that remains to be seen. I still get to complain about him if he sucks again LOL

But today, he played OK, and Stinger was right, and won the bet.

The O-Line actually played pretty good in Week 1 considering no preseason. Daniels stood out and looked borderline dominant. Ifedi looked good too. Leno and Massie both were serviceable and Leno actually played solid and made a great play on that fumble recovery.

3 hours ago, adam said:

The O-Line actually played pretty good in Week 1 considering no preseason. Daniels stood out and looked borderline dominant. Ifedi looked good too. Leno and Massie both were serviceable and Leno actually played solid and made a great play on that fumble recovery.

agree. and last year Leno was consistently blocking the wrong man. so it wasnt just a matter of winning, but even knowing who to hit. I didnt see any of that this past week, so if that's Castillo, then great.

Nothing would make me happier than if Leno played great this season, last year i couldnt even imagine it was possible, but I was assuming Hiestand knew what he was doing, which was a pretty reasonable assumption. So now either Castillo is a miracle worker, or Hiestand wasnt any good anymore. Or Leno will regress.

But whatever it was or is i wont ever know, but if they keep blocking the run, I wont be a hater at all on Leno.

Changing the scheme made a difference imo. The line hates rpo, I'd say the RB hates RPO too.  If they switch to Foles, it would be interesting to see how the line does because he would play shotgun and run the rpo more.  I give credit to Nagy for modifying to players strengths.  If he sticks to the same plan as week 1, look for Montegomery to have a big game. 

13 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Changing the scheme made a difference imo. The line hates rpo, I'd say the RB hates RPO too.  If they switch to Foles, it would be interesting to see how the line does because he would play shotgun and run the rpo more.  I give credit to Nagy for modifying to players strengths.  If he sticks to the same plan as week 1, look for Montegomery to have a big game. 

I would like to see Monty used a little more in the passing game. If he starts catching some balls, it will be near impossible to determine run or pass based on the formation or personnel. They can already do that with Patterson and Cohen, but it seems like Monty is in on predominantly run plays.