Biggs-Allen Robinson has requested a trade

McGowan

I suspect they told him they would have a contract done before the season started. This is not a good situation pissing off a team player. I suspect some of it could come from the agent. Pull stuff off social media, and ask for a trade. Up to the Bears now, 4 -80 mil, is the going rate. Although next year they are paying 9 players more that 9 mil a year. So I suspect adding 20 mil to that total would be difficult at best. 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:45 PM, Stinger226 said:

I suspect they told him they would have a contract done before the season started. This is not a good situation pissing off a team player. I suspect some of it could come from the agent. Pull stuff off social media, and ask for a trade. Up to the Bears now, 4 -80 mil, is the going rate. Although next year they are paying 9 players more that 9 mil a year. So I suspect adding 20 mil to that total would be difficult at best. 

I would give him that deal with a team option for a 5th year at 20 million. Put as much into this year's cap as you can. 

Peace

The QB situation has really made other deals a challenge. The Bears are currently starting a QB who does not have a contract for next year. So if Mitch is it, that is going to be a big hit to the cap compared to his rookie deal. So I have to think that is now delaying some other extensions, with Robinson being #1 on that list. 

Also, they may be taking a little longer because they want to see what they have him Wims, Ridley and Mooney. I would still extend him as he is a real class act and good for the organization, but you can't keep everyone. So if he signs, then Miller and Wims are both gone more than likely. 

7 hours ago, adam said:

The QB situation has really made other deals a challenge. The Bears are currently starting a QB who does not have a contract for next year. So if Mitch is it, that is going to be a big hit to the cap compared to his rookie deal. So I have to think that is now delaying some other extensions, with Robinson being #1 on that list. 

Also, they may be taking a little longer because they want to see what they have him Wims, Ridley and Mooney. I would still extend him as he is a real class act and good for the organization, but you can't keep everyone. So if he signs, then Miller and Wims are both gone more than likely. 

If the team didn't have to dump a bunch of cap on Foles, it would be a done deal.  To think if Nagy could have adjusted the offense early last year to enhance the run like last week, the Bears may have had success and be in a better situation. I guess to succeed you have to fail first. 

13 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

If the team didn't have to dump a bunch of cap on Foles, it would be a done deal.  To think if Nagy could have adjusted the offense early last year to enhance the run like last week, the Bears may have had success and be in a better situation. I guess to succeed you have to fail first. 

Good point.  I'm in for signing Robinson.  They can also do a deal that makes him tradable in the off season of the young guys ball out.  That being said, I wouldn't  trade him anyway.  Too good of a dude.  That makes them even more valuable.