Tarik Cohen tears ACL, done for season

adam

19 minutes ago, adam said:

Sucks to see an injury on a fair catch. Thankfully he got a new contract before the injury. Hopefully he recovers quickly and is ready for next season. Now we need another RB for sure. 

I’d like to see more of what Nall can do.  But yeah with only Patterson in the lineup (beside Nall) they’re in need of another RB. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’d like to see more of what Nall can do.  But yeah with only Patterson in the lineup (beside Nall) they’re in need of another RB. 

Nall is in, but for change of pace type player, we will need to bring someone else in. ARob needs to get his extension done now.

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Dont forget Montgomery too, but yes, Monty, Patterson and Nall are all more power guys, we need a squirty little Dennis Gentry type.

We need a fast guy to replace Cohen. Is Keryth White still around somewhere? I remember him being pretty good for Pittsburgh last year in limited time, and he looked good for the Bears in pre-season when they had him. 

I like the dynamic they had at RB with Montgomery, Cohen, and Patterson. Montgomery was more of the between the tackles chain mover, while Cohen was the elusive runner that can kill you in the screen game, and Patterson is sort of the wildcard speedster who can hit the occasional homerun play if he breaks free.

Losing Cohen is going to hurt you on both offense and special teams. The RB depth was already pretty low, but it gets even more critical now without Cohen.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Getting a RB replacement and signing Snacks to the team wont cost much. I think it should be a priority to give AROB a new contract this week Cohen was solid asset to the this offense. Whyte was cut by Pitt but dont know if he landed on a practice squad somewhere.

Snacks and Whyte are almost no brainers, I hope they can get them both signed. Hopefully ARob's extension can be done now with some clarity at QB. Foles contract for next season is a known and if Trubisky is gone, that frees up money for ARob.

16 hours ago, adam said:

Nall is in, but for change of pace type player, we will need to bring someone else in. ARob needs to get his extension done now.

This 100%,  He balls out every week.  His broken tackle for a walk in score was amazing determination.  And he got Robbed of a TD.  He's a big reason that comeback even happened.  Pay the man.  Give him Mitch's money.

1 hour ago, BearFan2000 said:

This 100%,  He balls out every week.  His broken tackle for a walk in score was amazing determination.  And he got Robbed of a TD.  He's a big reason that comeback even happened.  Pay the man.  Give him Mitch's money.

When I was looking at the cap for next year, it seemed that the choice was going to come down to Trubisky vs ARob. If Trubisky was going to command 20M, that would basically prevent the team from extending ARob, but now with that likely not happening, that frees up enough to extend Arob. 

18 minutes ago, adam said:

When I was looking at the cap for next year, it seemed that the choice was going to come down to Trubisky vs ARob. If Trubisky was going to command 20M, that would basically prevent the team from extending ARob, but now with that likely not happening, that frees up enough to extend Arob. 

So safe to assume that if suddenly Arob is extended and near what he wants, they are officially (unofficially) done with Mitch.  Hard to make him tradable I’d think ... not that he’s got all that much capital to begin with.  What’s a backup QB worth these days?