Nagy and Scheme

adam

Did anyone see the GB-ATL game on MNF?

The announcers were gloating over how good Aaron Rodgers played, but no one said anything about the fact that he was throwing to wide open receivers and at times had 2 or 3 guys to choose from. That has nothing to do with Rodgers, he had the easy job. It was the scheme and play calls. You could tell that the routes played off each other to create artificial picks and rubs and cleared space in specific areas of the field. 

This was what every play basically looked like. Just watch the game highlights on NFL.com, Rodgers doesn't have to do anything. The scheme is working, putting the defense on their heels, and making them over-commit which creates a ton of space. 

This is why I feel like Nagy's scheme (whatever that is) is holding the offense back. If they can scheme Robert Tonyan open for 6-98 and 3 TDs, we should be able to do the same with Kmet.  Rodgers had 20 completions to TEs and RBs and only 7 completions to WRs, yet he threw for 300+ yds and 4 TDs with over 80% completion percentage. There is no reason why the Bears can't do this with Foles or Trubisky. 

EjnLOJvXcAEJepI.jpeg

Yeah I watched part of the game and did see this play (towards the end of the 3rd quarter?).  I think not only was it 'easy' for Rodgers because of the play-calling but also because Atlanta had lost another of their starting Def backfield?  They were down to former practice roster players at some point I believe.  The play you highlighted above was a combination of them not having key players in positions here they needed them and the rest on the field pretty much giving up. There were two guys covering one receiver (left hand side inside the 20) where one fell down.  A sign of confused coverage.  I truly think Atlanta has given up at this point.  

Look no further than Jimmy Graham (one year removed from playing for GB) where he has equaled his total in TDs (3) so far this year from all of last year with a third number of catches ... so far.  Nagy's offense seems to be at least utilizing HIM more efficiently.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah I watched part of the game and did see this play (towards the end of the 3rd quarter?).  I think not only was it 'easy' for Rodgers because of the play-calling but also because Atlanta had lost another of their starting Def backfield?  They were down to former practice roster players at some point I believe.  The play you highlighted above was a combination of them not having key players in positions here they needed them and the rest on the field pretty much giving up. There were two guys covering one receiver (left hand side inside the 20) where one fell down.  A sign of confused coverage.  I truly think Atlanta has given up at this point.  

Look no further than Jimmy Graham (one year removed from playing for GB) where he has equaled his total in TDs (3) so far this year from all of last year with a third number of catches ... so far.  Nagy's offense seems to be at least utilizing HIM more efficiently.  

Which is odd considering Robert Tonyan had 3 TDs last night. So who knows. 

8 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

You know I am no fan of Nagy, and i agree the playcalling and scheme havent been great.

That said, if the OL gave our QBs another second of time, more receivers would have separation too.

Oh absolutely, I am not a fan of Leno's and don't think we have a big enough interior to do what they want to do. Whitehair and Daniels are both good technicians, but not road graders. 

So it is a layered problem that at times can bottom out. We really need a true fullback or someone that can move a LB. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Oh absolutely, I am not a fan of Leno's and don't think we have a big enough interior to do what they want to do. Whitehair and Daniels are both good technicians, but not road graders. 

So it is a layered problem that at times can bottom out. We really need a true fullback or someone that can move a LB. 

Holtz did well in the FB role last year. 

Peace

32 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

Holtz did well in the FB role last year. 

Peace

I liked him in the H-Back role and don't understand why that disappeared. He was very effective in that role. With Cohen out, he needs more PT.