Tyler Bray activated from PS last week

adam

So Bray got activated for the Colts game and Trubisky doesn't have backup QB duties on the sidelines. I know Nagy tried to downplay this, but there has to be more to this. Nagy said that Bray knows the offense, here is the quote:

"Tyler's done a good job of, you know, understanding where we're at as an offense," Bears coach Matt Nagy explained on Monday. "To be able to bring him up and kind of help Nick out as well, they have a really good relationship. You know having him come up and just be a voice for him I think sometimes those are parts of the game that you know is nice to have."

To me this is a huge knock on Trubisky. So the guy that has started in the offense since you've arrived, has more reps in your offense than any other QB in the league doesn't know the offense well enough to help out the new starting QB, but a PS QB does? Doesn't that seem odd to you?

There are several theories floating around but if you peel the onion back, there has to be more to this.

Trubisky doesn't want to handle in-game back up duties, or he can't?

They don't want Trubisky on the Scout Team because he can't run the other teams plays well enough?

Why would a veteran of Foles' caliber need a "voice" on the sidelines. Is Trubisky not providing that voice?

The crazy theories are related to Trubisky being on the trading block, which makes sense considering he will be a UFA after this season. Do they move him before the trading deadline once Bray has a few weeks as the backup? Time will tell.

Well, the emergency QB rule says that Bray couldnt come off the bench unoess Trubisky had gone and been hurt too, so I dont thing that some of those theories hold water.

It is possible that they want to have Bray running the scout team to gain experience and to get a look at him, because we all know that Trubisky is gone after this year.

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Well, the emergency QB rule says that Bray couldnt come off the bench unoess Trubisky had gone and been hurt too, so I dont thing that some of those theories hold water.

It is possible that they want to have Bray running the scout team to gain experience and to get a look at him, because we all know that Trubisky is gone after this year.

It is still a roster spot that will likely not see the field. It feels like a waste if he is there only as a "voice".  

They need a QB if Foles goes down to injury.  Which very nearly happened last week when Foles got hit low.  Do you want to see Trubisky back in or see what Bray has to offer?  

If Bray truly has a better handle on the offense and is on the sideline to help Foles, it would go to reason I'd prefer his ability to judge the defense better than we've seen Trubisky do.