BEARS WIN!! 4-1!!

adam

The defense has improved every week. That's good.

And they still have a way to go - especially tackling. ANd we clearly miss Goldman on runs up the middle. But at least we are finally getting pressure.

Foles was great once he found his rhythm. He stood in and took a lot of pressure right in his face.

The OL on this team is still atrocious. If you want to know why the running game cant get going, or why our receivers dont have separation, it's because the OL cant open holes or give a reasonable amount of time in the passing game.

Also, our kicked made all of his kicks!

Bears win.

4-1 and in a lot of ways this feels like the most sold win of the 4.  We needed two crazy comebacks, and survived with a W against the hapless Giants.    While most of the first half was forgettable once things started clicking this became a competitive game against a solid opponent.  The way it started I had the "here we go again" vibe as the offense couldn't get out of their own way.  But at the end of the day all 3 phases had a hand in this victory.  Santos was solid, D stepped up and finally saw more consistent pressure as the game wore on.  And the offense while they didn't light up the scoreboard got enough done to get the W.   

My game ball goes to Fuller. That was a great hit to dislodged the ball and the play was actually ruled correctly for once.  That play put us in the position for the go ahead score before the half.  And Quinn being there to scoop up the fumble for a clear recovery. 

I must say we''ve had much to complain about when it comes to officiating it's been so bad that every time something is getting reviewed or looked at I assume we'll get screwed.  This game felt for the most part evenly called.  

I agree with NYC the tackling has been atrocious.  It feels like every big play we allow either YAC on a pass or a run play we had multiple guys whiff.   Roquan whiffed on TFL twice resulting n good runs because it allowed Jones to get to the second level.  That needs to be tightened up.   Now I will say it got slightly better in the second half perhaps it was a half time point of emphasis.   Also agree as I'm sure we all do, the offensive line needs addressed it's been neglected for too long.  It all in the trenches it's hard to consistently make anything happen when you are losing that battle more often than not.   

I loved seeing Brady under duress more and more as the game went on we need to see more of that on a consistent basis.  With the talent we have in the front 7 we should be getting after the QB's.  

All in all a quality win vs a solid opponent.  We're 4-1 and Ill take that any day.  

We are halfway to our bye week and 4-1 with 5 to play having just played the #1 and #2 DVOA Defenses in the league in the last 4 days. Our next 5 are against the following with their Defensive DVOA in paratheses: CAR (28), LAR (15), NO (8), TEN (18), and MIN (13). We beat DET ranked 29th, ATL 25th and NYG who is surprisingly 11th.

So out biggest upcoming challenge is going to be NO, who we get at home in two weeks. We actually have a pretty favorable schedule to the bye with 3 games with extra rest (CAR, LAR, MIN) and only one game with less than a week of rest (NO).

CAR, LAR, MIN, and TEN are all ranked #20 or worse against the run. That should really help out our run game and allow Bars to get more comfortable at LG into the bye.

For pass defense, TEN and CAR are the bottom two teams, and MIN is 21st, so we should be able to have some success passing against those teams. That makes the CAR, TEN, and MIN games all very favorable for our offense.

The LAR and NO games are going to be the two challenges. Even if we win 3 and lose 2, we can go into the bye at 7-3 with 6 to play. That would be a great position to be in with DET, HOU, MIN, and JAX games after the bye (all very winnable). Our biggest challenge after the bye? The bookend games against GB, one out of the bye and one in Week 17, which could setup as a Division Championship Game, NFC Seeding, and potentially 1st Round bye potential.

4 hours ago, Connorbear said:

I would say that no one is complaining about Graham's contract now. He looks 5 years younger. 

Peace

Amazing considering how just last year he was playing alongside Rodgers and got nowhere near this production.  

And if I’m tracking, since Foles has started the opposition has only scored an average of one TD with the rest all being FGs.  That tells me the defense is improving too.  

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Amazing considering how just last year he was playing alongside Rodgers and got nowhere near this production.  

And if I’m tracking, since Foles has started the opposition has only scored an average of one TD with the rest all being FGs.  That tells me the defense is improving too.  

I read something about Graham taking the cut (GB released him) to heart.  He was one of the best and his performance dropped.  He worked a little harder this off season and it shows.  Sometimes it takes a wakeup call to get you back.

13 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I read something about Graham taking the cut (GB released him) to heart.  He was one of the best and his performance dropped.  He worked a little harder this off season and it shows.  Sometimes it takes a wakeup call to get you back.

RZ was also our biggest weakness next year, so his presence and play have been a huge bright spot.