Dak Prescott

adam

Did anyone else see that injury? You hate to see injuries at all, and that one did not look good at all. 

This is why Arob needs a new deal. Cohen down on a fair catch, other players dropping like flies and he is working on the last year of his deal with nothing guaranteed after this year. 

Also, do you think Dallas would be desperate enough to trade for Trubisky? He would actually fit in that offense and they have a solid running game and some playmakers in Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup. What do you think?

Not sure ‘desperate’ is the word.  I could see them showing interest.  There are a handful of proven #2s out there Dallas could look at.  Didn’t they just pay Dak and Zeke a buttload of money last year?  That might help them more than anything in a player like Trubiksy who won’t demand a lot next year now that he’s been demoted. I’ll be curious to see how Dalton does there.  And I had no idea McCarthy was the HC there. 

2 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Not sure ‘desperate’ is the word.  I could see them showing interest.  There are a handful of proven #2s out there Dallas could look at.  Didn’t they just pay Dak and Zeke a buttload of money last year?  That might help them more than anything in a player like Trubiksy who won’t demand a lot next year now that he’s been demoted. I’ll be curious to see how Dalton does there.  And I had no idea McCarthy was the HC there. 

Prescott is on the franchise tag this year and they have enough cap space to add him for the remainder of the year. For us that would give us guaranteed compensation for him vs losing him as a UFA and getting nothing if we sign other FAs and lose the comp pick. 

I would take a 4th for him right now if someone called. I don't see us getting more than a 6th in a comp pick for him if we don't sign anyone new next offseason. 

17 hours ago, adam said:

Also, do you think Dallas would be desperate enough to trade for Trubisky?

Looks like ‘no’.  Dallas signed QB Garrett Gilbert off of Browns PS. Former #3 in Dallas rotation Ben DiNucci is now #2 behind Dalton.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-sign-veteran-backup-quarterback-garrett-gilbert-a-day-after-dak-prescotts-injury-per-report/