Your 5-1 Chicago Bears

adam

ok, I am going thru the coach's film now. I would outright cut Leno. I have no clue what the hell he is doing on any play. He whiffs literally on every block, especially run blocking, where the guy he missed gets the tackle on Montgomery. I will post some vids here shortly. 

14:07 left  in the 2nd quarter, Leno whiffs on #52 who makes the tackle on Montgomery. Harris also completely misses his cut block. Just put a helmet on a helmet. Leno is a lazy POS if you ask me. I have seen enough from him. He is not even making an attempt to block. 

9:31 in the 2nd quarter, here is Leno completely whiffing on #52 who forces Monty outside. If Leno blocks him, Monty can cut the play inside of #21 and has only one guy to beat. Due to missed block, it pushes him outside for a short gain. 

YES. I have been saying this since last year. He is atrocious. I even bet Stinger that they'd replace him. I lost. I was (and remain) shocked that they havent.

What the hell is he doing out there? It's one thing to get beat, it's another to usually be blocking the wrong guy AND getting beat. What is the upside?!

16 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

As bad as Leno is, Coward is worse.

Coward was terrible as well. I am not defending him, but he is a converted D-Linemen who was thrown in at LG mid-season. Leno is a high paid LT who looks like he doesn't even want to be out there. He doesn't want to block. I could make more videos because every play was the same. Unless the defensive player ran right at him, he would be in their way (like a tackling dummy).

10 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

YES. I have been saying this since last year. He is atrocious. I even bet Stinger that they'd replace him. I lost. I was (and remain) shocked that they havent.

What the hell is he doing out there? It's one thing to get beat, it's another to usually be blocking the wrong guy AND getting beat. What is the upside?!

He looks so disinterested. O-Linemen have to want to block. He does not. I would put Spriggs in there to see what he can do. I would also bring in Spain for LG. Something has to be done. Montgomery doesn't even need good blocking, he just doesn't need to be hit behind the LOS or near it EVERY run.

16 minutes ago, adam said:

Coward was terrible as well. I am not defending him, but he is a converted D-Linemen who was thrown in at LG mid-season. Leno is a high paid LT who looks like he doesn't even want to be out there. He doesn't want to block. I could make more videos because every play was the same. Unless the defensive player ran right at him, he would be in their way (like a tackling dummy).

Take note that Leno just played his worst game of the season starting next to???  When you break down Leno on coaches film, do the same with Coward.  He must be a heck of a guy , because he is a terrible offensive lineman.  I know he's converted from D, but how often does that work?  He doesn't have the natural traits of an OL.  He plays too upright and stiff.  He may look good at practice speed, but game speed is fugly.  Leno and Coward won't start next year anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Take note that Leno just played his worst game of the season starting next to???  When you break down Leno on coaches film, do the same with Coward.  He must be a heck of a guy , because he is a terrible offensive lineman.  I know he's converted from D, but how often does that work?  He doesn't have the natural traits of an OL.  He plays too upright and stiff.  He may look good at practice speed, but game speed is fugly.  Leno and Coward won't start next year anywhere.

Coward was just as bad. You are correct, they both need to go. I actually expect both to be replaced by or during the bye.