Quinton Spain

Pixote

Buffalo released veteran OG Quinton Spain.

He excels at protecting the QB (allowed ZERO sacks in 2019)

Struggles in run blocking.

Being the Offense leans towards the pass, and few OGs are strong in both the run & pass, would it be worth it for the Bears to consider this guy? He's young. A veteran with experience. I say yes.

Bills release Quinton Spain seven months after signing veteran OL to extension

15 hours ago, Pixote said:

Buffalo released veteran OG Quinton Spain.

He excels at protecting the QB (allowed ZERO sacks in 2019)

Struggles in run blocking.

Being the Offense leans towards the pass, and few OGs are strong in both the run & pass, would it be worth it for the Bears to consider this guy? He's young. A veteran with experience. I say yes.

Bills release Quinton Spain seven months after signing veteran OL to extension

He worked with Castillo in the past.  I am 100% on board with taking a flyer on him and this team needs to make a heavy investment in oline this off-season.  It sounds like this was more of an internal matter vs. performance based as well.  Castillo should have the intelligence and Bears definitely have cap space for this year.  

3 hours ago, adam said:

You know it's bad when a player is actively calling for another teammate's replacement. 

Corradelle has been doing this a few times this year.  Tried suggesting Bridgewater, Stefon Diggs and even Brady think about joining the Bears during the beginning of the season.  And more recently unsuccessfully lobbied for "Snacks" Harrison. Encouraging that he's at least trying.

I'm curious why aren't we seeing players like Bars, Mustipher and Spriggs step up?  I can only guess Spriggs' more recent injury history is an issue but he has played both Guard and Tackle earlier in his career.  Bars and Mustipher were bright prospects on the PS last year....