Saints @ Bears - Week 8 - Official Game Thread - 11/1, Bears +4, 3:25 PM CT, FOX

adam

Home Dogs for this one.

There is a good chance Michael Thomas misses this game. If that happens, the Saints leading WR is Sanders. The only real threat is Kamara who has 75 rushes and 46 receptions. He has to be contained.

The Saints defense has allowed 23, 34, 37, 29, 27, and 24 to start the season. They have needed 27 or more to win a game which favors the Bears. 

After a demoralizing loss, I think the Bears come in pissed off and grind out a tough win.

Bears 27-23

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The Packers beat them by 7 (37-30) in NO a few weeks ago.  Would be interesting to see how well the Bears do in comparison. Considering how bad they lost to TB a week after the Bears beat them.  

It's funny because when the Packers lose bad, it's a fluke, but when the Bears lose bad, it's who they are. 

Everyone should know by now that every week is almost a new season. Between player injuries, travel, rest, etc, very little carries over from game to game. Look at KC, they win 43-16, so you would expect a big game from Mahomes, nope, he had 200 yards passing and 1 TD. 

2 hours ago, adam said:
4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

It's funny because when the Packers lose bad, it's a fluke, but when the Bears lose bad, it's who they are

And what’s even more ‘strange’ is how no one realizes how one-dimensional GB is.  Look no further than their TB game where TBs Defense was relentless with its pressure on Rodgers.  That pressure is really what turned the game in their favor and revealed GBs HUGE vulnerability.

Or heck, how about the game a few years ago (Mack’s first as a Bear) where Rodgers was injured for most of the game.  The team did a 180 when he was out...until he came back. 

I remembered that the Bears played the Saints almost exactly a year ago (week 7 last year, week 8 this year) in Chicago.  A couple of key differences;  Brees was out, replaced by Teddy Bridgewater and Kamara was out replaced by Ledarius Murray.  Thomas did play (9 for 131yds no TDs - last year).  On the Bears side the only real significant difference from last year are Foles at QB and Ginn is on the team (as of this typing)  after playing for the Saints last year.  Its also looking like Robinson could be out for concussion protocol (10 for 87 yds and 1 TD last year).  

The Bears run D did poorly (again against Murray - not Kamara) and the pass D held their own.  There was a blocked punt by the Saints early in the game that resulted in a Safety (first score of the game).  And the offense committed two turnovers;  one by Miller and another by Montgomery.   Aside from Patterson's 102 KO return for a score the offense didn't do much.  That is until late in the game.  With just about 3 minutes left in the game the Bears scored twice to bring the final score 36-25. 

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I remembered that the Bears played the Saints almost exactly a year ago (week 7 last year, week 8 this year) in Chicago.  A couple of key differences;  Brees was out, replaced by Teddy Bridgewater and Kamara was out replaced by Ledarius Murray.  Thomas did play (9 for 131yds no TDs - last year).  On the Bears side the only real significant difference from last year are Foles at QB and Ginn is on the team (as of this typing)  after playing for the Saints last year.  Its also looking like Robinson could be out for concussion protocol (10 for 87 yds and 1 TD last year).  

The Bears run D did poorly (again against Murray - not Kamara) and the pass D held their own.  There was a blocked punt by the Saints early in the game that resulted in a Safety (first score of the game).  And the offense committed two turnovers;  one by Miller and another by Montgomery.   Aside from Patterson's 102 KO return for a score the offense didn't do much.  That is until late in the game.  With just about 3 minutes left in the game the Bears scored twice to bring the final score 36-25. 

Trubisky was terrible in that game. He has something like 100 yards passing and the longest drive was a 39 yard FG drive before those last two garbage time drives.

This was also the notorious Nagy No-Rushing game where the Bears rushed 7 times all game (5 by RBs). 7 rushes and 2 3rd Down conversions for the entire game.

Talk about a bad game. 

I think if the Bears lose again and the offense looks bad, Nagy will give up play calling. That's the hope at least.

So for the Saints, no Thomas, no Sanders (led WRs on team in receptions, yards, TDs). No Callaway (rookie WR w/ 13 receptions). That makes their WR1 Tre'Quan Smith and their WR2 Deonte Harris.

This game is going to be all about Kamara.

3 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

No Whitehair for sure (ruled out) and mostly likely no Robinson (doubtful). 

Peace

Mack, Jackson, Patterson all questionable, but all expected to play. ARob doubtful sucks as the NO secondary is their weakness. Will need big games from Miller, Monty, and Mooney. The Killer M's?

4 hours ago, adam said:

So for the Saints, no Thomas, no Sanders (led WRs on team in receptions, yards, TDs). No Callaway (rookie WR w/ 13 receptions). That makes their WR1 Tre'Quan Smith and their WR2 Deonte Harris.

This game is going to be all about Kamara.

I think they are also out one of their starting Guards for concussion protocol.  May affect the running game ... a little?

And anyone concerned about Mustipher should watch this, I am surprised at how good he looked. I also watched/listened to his Zoom call, the kid is super smart and just gets it. I came away from that interview very impressed, then saw this:

He may surprise some people, and we may have found our new Center. Then let Whitehair come back and play LG when he is healthy. 

55 minutes ago, adam said:

And anyone concerned about Mustipher should watch this, I am surprised at how good he looked. I also watched/listened to his Zoom call, the kid is super smart and just gets it. I came away from that interview very impressed, then saw this:

He may surprise some people, and we may have found our new Center. Then let Whitehair come back and play LG when he is healthy. 

I had to laugh a few times when I saw Leno flash across the screen chasing his defender.  One time he ran right across the field of view for Foles.  I wouldn’t laugh it wasn’t so sad.  Poor Foles.