Five Signs of Lack of Discipline

Mongo3451

I'm going to get straight to it.  This team lacks discipline.  It is a direct sign that the head coach needs to simplify things

1) The Chicago Bears lead the league in penalties and yards of penalties.  Smart teams that know they need every break they can get buckle down on these mental lapses.  It shows that it's not being drilled in.

2)  Can not run the football.  The easiest thing to do in all of sports is running the football.  You line up against the other team and impose your will as a unit.  Our OL continues to blow assignments, lack effort and generally suck.  Running the football is about effort and desire.  Sometimes yes, mostly no.  All about discipline.

3)  Defensive line losing gap control.  If it was all about our nose tackle opting out, the season was over before it started.  I don't believe so.  Every game, I replay our DL out of gap and with shoulders turned.  That's effort and execution.  That takes discipline to do the same thing over and over.  These guys want to make a play.  That's not their role in the run game!  Stay in your gap and make the RB move.

4)  Quarterback gets too greedy, too often.  If they blitz, there is a hot read.  Foles is always wanting to make a play.  He needs to be patient and get the first down.  This helps everyone, especially the defense.

5)  Javon Wims.  How in the hell did he think he could plot to get revenge for quarter, do what he did and think he could keep his job?  Lack of discipline!  

Nagy needs to man up and take control of his team.  He's earned their admiration and trust, now he has to command their respect.  He has half a season to save his job.  He may have much less to save this team.

19 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm going to get straight to it.  This team lacks discipline.  It is a direct sign that the head coach needs to simplify things

1) The Chicago Bears lead the league in penalties and yards of penalties.  Smart teams that know they need every break they can get buckle down on these mental lapses.  It shows that it's not being drilled in.

2)  Can not run the football.  The easiest thing to do in all of sports is running the football.  You line up against the other team and impose your will as a unit.  Our OL continues to blow assignments, lack effort and generally suck.  Running the football is about effort and desire.  Sometimes yes, mostly no.  All about discipline.

3)  Defensive line losing gap control.  If it was all about our nose tackle opting out, the season was over before it started.  I don't believe so.  Every game, I replay our DL out of gap and with shoulders turned.  That's effort and execution.  That takes discipline to do the same thing over and over.  These guys want to make a play.  That's not their role in the run game!  Stay in your gap and make the RB move.

4)  Quarterback gets too greedy, too often.  If they blitz, there is a hot read.  Foles is always wanting to make a play.  He needs to be patient and get the first down.  This helps everyone, especially the defense.

5)  Javon Wims.  How in the hell did he think he could plot to get revenge for quarter, do what he did and think he could keep his job?  Lack of discipline!  

Nagy needs to man up and take control of his team.  He's earned their admiration and trust, now he has to command their respect.  He has half a season to save his job.  He may have much less to save this team.

Couldn't agree more...