"Tear the whole thing down". James Brown live at the Apollo in 1962. Best live album of all time.

Bill

So I wonder if the firing of both Pace and Nagy wouldn't be the biggest moral booster the Bears could make before the season ends.  And I also mean tearing down the whole team.   I don't think any     D-fensive player has taken a team to a Super Bowl win, no matter how good, with out strong support across the board.  Taylor, Butkis, Watt, Donald, Sapp, Mack.  When the highest paid player is on the defense or offense other than QB your just not going to win.  And this whole mindset of getting a QB on a rookie deal so you can build around him.  In the last nine years only two teams won with a QB on their rookie contract.  Wentz was but Foles won the big one.      IMHO in todays NFL you need a QB first and foremost at almost any cost.  But not a crippling contract.  But what the F do I know except I think it's time to burn the whole thing down.  And start from scratch.

Start getting as many draft picks as possible for the next three years and a new GM to hopefully make better choices.  And maybe Ill live long enough to see some fruit of that labor.  It's 1982 again so start making it happen.  LOL

It has been argued numerous times the oline needs to be addressed often.  Even though it was encouraging to see Whitehair and Daniel's develop, that was not enough.  Not sure how they can pull it off now that they need a QB.  Gonna need another #1 WR the way it looks and Montgomery is not a bellcow.  There is a ton of pieces needed.