Your 7-7 Chicago Bears!

adam

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

Let him go, he's performed semi good in front of two horrible defenses, and one mediocre one. He also threw into triple coverage. No one caught it, so we forgot it. Had the DB caught it, you'd be thinking about the interception.

Trubisky is bad. I understand the last few weeks he's looked better than the garbage we saw before. That is no baseline though. He is not GOOD.

Depending on whether any other teams think he’s worth anything as a starter he’ll be next to impossible to keep.  I’d think he holds value as at least a backup for us.  If they were to draft someone and not have it work out he falls into the ‘bird in the hand’ way of thinking.  

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Food for thought...

It's those quick throws, which are fine with me.

I watched the game again and one play stood out to me where I thought it was a bad throw initially and didn't realize what really happened. There was what looked like a bad throw behind Wims, but upon second look, Wims was held and couldn't get to his spot, so Mitch hitched when he saw that and then threw the ball away from the defenders side, but there was no penalty on the play. This dude wanted to make a comment about Mitch's pocket presence, but he didn't watch the play. Run this video a few times and watch Wims (where the pass goes), then watch Mitch again. No call on the play and the defender has a handful of jersey and was preventing Wims from getting to his spot. 

A few other promising stats, according to ESPN Next Gen Stats, Trubisky is 2nd in the league in Aggressiveness (only behind Tua) AND 4th in Air Yards to the Sticks (AYTS):

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#aggressiveness

7 hours ago, adam said:

This dude wanted to make a comment about Mitch's pocket presence, but he didn't watch the play. Run this video a few times and watch Wims (where the pass goes), then watch Mitch again.

I remember that play. Greg Jennings commented how well Trubiksy threw in front of the receiver there.  And I agreed.  Don’t recall seeing the hold at the time but sure makes it more obvious what they were trying to do.  Mitch started with what looks like a half pump (may have had the option to go continue across the field) but when he saw the coverage on the strong side he adjusted and threw with a slight lead to Wims. And made it so if he missed, like he did, it wasn’t hanging in the air where the defender outside could get to it.  Great adjustment.  

What's worse, is on that play the most obvious thing you see if you are reading the safeties at ALL is that they split into a cover two look, and you have Kmet running a seam for an obvious and easy touchdown.

QBs are supposed to read safeties as one of the most important parts of understanding what coverage you're seeing.

Rogers hits Kmet for the TD 10 out of 10 times. Trubisky is not an NFL QB.

I think it will come down to if they find a better option, draft pick, or a Carr cut loose situation, they will bring him back. I think we are stuck with Foles for one more year as the backup, because cutting him is all dead money , no cap affect at all and then we would have to pay someone else to be a backup.

Yeah we may keep Trubisky on a cheap deal to play until a rookie is ready, if Trubisky is even willing to stick around for that. But in no way shape or form should we sign Trubisky to any kind of longer deal with starter money.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

What's worse, is on that play the most obvious thing you see if you are reading the safeties at ALL is that they split into a cover two look, and you have Kmet running a seam for an obvious and easy touchdown.

QBs are supposed to read safeties as one of the most important parts of understanding what coverage you're seeing.

Yeah, that's the mistake. He should be throwing it to Kmet before hits the 15 for an easy score.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah, that's the mistake. He should be throwing it to Kmet before hits the 15 for an easy score.

After all the years we got burned in cover 2 by the TE up the seam, youd wish it went our way for once hahahaha

4 hours ago, adam said:

I don't know about that.  Wims kinda dicks that up with his route.  You can't rifle it because the LB can tip it and both safeties are not fooled at all.  There is a tiny windowat best.  Now, if Wims drives through the LB, pulling him a little left, there is a window for money to catch gather and plow.

8 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

It may have been designed to hit Kmet, but it looks like he was too fast for Wims to clear the LB.  The LB picked Wims and forced him to change his route.  If Kmet chipped the DE, then took off, Wims is in position to clear the LB and Kmet is wide open to plow the two Safeties for a TD. 

16 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It may have been designed to hit Kmet, but it looks like he was too fast for Wims to clear the LB.  The LB picked Wims and forced him to change his route.  If Kmet chipped the DE, then took off, Wims is in position to clear the LB and Kmet is wide open to plow the two Safeties for a TD. 

NYC, if Wims clears out the LB, Trubisky has 48.2% greater chance at hitting Kmet for a TD.  ???

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

NYC, if Wims clears out the LB, Trubisky has 48.2% greater chance at hitting Kmet for a TD.  ???

If he doesn't, it is only 9% because Trubisky would have to have pin point accuracy to get it over the LBs reach but not sail it into the S.  If he would have hit the WR/RB clear to the right, it would have been 95% chance, but he needed to look at Kmet and give a pump fake.??

It looks like Wims is supposed to sit down in the soft spot in the zone but doesn't get a clean release. Based on Mitch's foot placement, on the snap he tries to hold the Safety to the left, but Smith immediately turns his hips and starts dropping in coverage, so Trubisky goes to the next read (Wims). 

If Wims makes a clean move back outside, that ball hits him in the hands, or there is at least a 34% chance that it does.