Samurai Mike for DC

adam

Watched a story about how he was spending his days trying to hone his craft after getting fired from SF  years ago.  Unless he has changed from a intensity perceptive I don't thing he would be a good hire.  Loved him as a player not as a coach and most of all a head coach.

Anyone notice most of the D coaches they have been talking to are from a 4-3 scheme ideology? If they change who fits and doesnt? With Goldman coming back and the possibility of letting Hicks leave(most cap savings) , how does that look?  

Mack-Goldman-Nichols-Quinn. That is a scheme Quinn was more successful in . Since they are in more sub packages that regular alinement, probably means very little. 

Linebacker would be the questions for the D.  Smith at weakside, Trevathan at middle and bring back Mingo for stronsside?

16 hours ago, adam said:

What do you think? I like the passion, and if Nagy fails to improve the offense, Mike can slide into the HC position easily.

I like it. Never really understood why he didn’t succeed in SF.  Loved how he infamously called out Vernon Davis (not by name) that one time.  That’s an indication how he holds people responsible and has the intensity needed for Bears Defensive football.  And besides that I see Jay Rodgers looks to be leaving for the Chargers.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/20/jay-rodgers-leaving-bears-joining-chargers/

I don't see why everyone is so quick to dump on him as a coach. He only had one full year after taking over a garbage team with minimal talent. And then he had some difficulty with a noted shit-head and others who wouldn't buy into the culture of discipline. After that, the team made some great draft picks and was finding their way before he was let go. All it took was one more good draft class and a few FAs and the team was much better.

I've heard too many people say multiple times that a new Bears' coach needs to be given 3 years, etc., before judging or condemning them. To give the new guy a chance. And that's with 99% of us recognizing a bonehead move. Well, if the 49ers had given him a chance, it is extremely likely the success would have come based on the year after he left.

If I had a vote, it would be an unequivocal yes. This Bears defense needs a spark, and Singletary would bring it.

23 hours ago, adam said:

What do you think? I like the passion, and if Nagy fails to improve the offense, Mike can slide into the HC position easily.

Absolutely not.  Singeltary was a lousy coach and a lousy DC.  I don't mind him as someone on the staff but no no no no no.  Didn't he most recently go like 1-27 as a high school football head coach.  

Here's another reason to hire Singletary.  Everyone knows this is a probationary for Nagy and Pace.  Who will the brass trust more to evaluate the dynamic and tell the unabashed truth?  Singletary will hurt feelings with real, organization first, truth.  He may be the first one they believe when he says Teddy must go.

At this point we've got a better shot at a high draft pick next year and blowing it all up than we do of turning this team around and having a better product on the field.  Whoever we bring in is likely just a one year deal anyway.   That alone limit's who'd want to come in under a lame duck HC and GM.  I think it'd be a stretch for Singletary who's never been a DC and only ever been a LB's coach or defensive assistant.  But if you're going to go out on a limb on a hire, this would be the season to take a chance on someone.  With Rodgers leaving there goes our best internal hire.  

3 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

At this point we've got a better shot at a high draft pick next year and blowing it all up than we do of turning this team around and having a better product on the field.  Whoever we bring in is likely just a one year deal anyway.   That alone limit's who'd want to come in under a lame duck HC and GM.  I think it'd be a stretch for Singletary who's never been a DC and only ever been a LB's coach or defensive assistant.  But if you're going to go out on a limb on a hire, this would be the season to take a chance on someone.  With Rodgers leaving there goes our best internal hire.  

Singletary has been a head coach!

Im not saying I want him for DC, but its not for lack of experience.