Stafford is available

Stinger226

On 1/30/2021 at 11:58 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

So now that Stafford is LA bound and provided this was true, does that set a barometer on the Bears chances for legitimate trade opportunities of other available QBs like Watson?  Watson has to be worth more than what LA gave up for Stafford. (???) And since Chicago didn’t pull this off...maybe they’ll have to focus more on the draft?  

Exactly what I was thinking about. If Stafford is worth two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick, and an average QB who is better than Trubisky or Foles, then WTF will it take to get Watson? I'd guess THREE 1st round picks, or two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks. Either way, that price tag is far too high for a team with numerous holes to fill.

4 minutes ago, jason said:

Exactly what I was thinking about. If Stafford is worth two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick, and an average QB who is better than Trubisky or Foles, then WTF will it take to get Watson? I'd guess THREE 1st round picks, or two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks. Either way, that price tag is far too high for a team with numerous holes to fill.

Agreed. I think the price tag is going to be way too much. Personally, I would be OK with trying to get Prescott from Dallas if they tag him. 

Peace

As much as Pace will check out all the QB options, the truth is we dont have high enough picks or cap space to take on big contracts. Jets, Miami and NE have better options for trades than we do. I think they need to try to figure out a Tannehill type of player than wont cost to much. Is there any even out there?

Jacoby Brissett

Tyrod Taylor

Ryan Fritzpatrick

Jamis Winston

Nick Mullens

Taylor Heinicke

Cam Newton

Andy Dalton

Winston probably stays in NO, Brissett is probably MT 2, maybe take a shot on Heinicke? He actually was in our camp in the past and we didnt keep him.

The out of the box thought for me is with Lawrence going to the Jags, would you trade a 3rd round pick for Minshew? I think he would have some upside? How much would he cost. 

It's been reported that the Texans have named their price tag and it's steep.   Two first rounders, two second rounders, and two young defensive starters, as a starting point.  I'd say look elsewhere.   2021 is likely a throw away season, for the future of our team we'd be better served finding a more reasonably priced free agent or trade target.  It wouldn't serve the short or long term to mortgage even more of the future for a top tier QB than not be able to afford to surround him with anything.  I don't see any way that Pace/Nagy salvage this team and their jobs beyond 2021.  Last thing I want to see is Pace swing for the fences (especially with his batting average) and cripple the team's cap situation and future draft capitol leaving the next GM a huge hole to dig out of.  Or should I say a deeper hole than the new GM will have to as it is.  My fear is Pace will more short term focused rather than long term.  We are more than a QB away, and likely more than a season away from seriously competing.  

What I'd rather see us do while painful, would be go into next season with Foles, draft pick developmental QB, FA, and spend the remainder of the draft capitol addressing the OL, WR, and defensive holes created by players lost.  Perhaps we can find a trade partner to unload Foles in some kind of package deal that either nets us a QB so we go into the season with two FA QB's and a draft pick. I feel we need to play the hand we have which isn't very good and not steal from the future to bandaid the broken present.

10 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

It's been reported that the Texans have named their price tag and it's steep.   Two first rounders, two second rounders, and two young defensive starters, as a starting point.  I'd say look elsewhere.   2021 is likely a throw away season, for the future of our team we'd be better served finding a more reasonably priced free agent or trade target.  It wouldn't serve the short or long term to mortgage even more of the future for a top tier QB than not be able to afford to surround him with anything.  I don't see any way that Pace/Nagy salvage this team and their jobs beyond 2021.  Last thing I want to see is Pace swing for the fences (especially with his batting average) and cripple the team's cap situation and future draft capitol leaving the next GM a huge hole to dig out of.  Or should I say a deeper hole than the new GM will have to as it is.  My fear is Pace will more short term focused rather than long term.  We are more than a QB away, and likely more than a season away from seriously competing.  

What I'd rather see us do while painful, would be go into next season with Foles, draft pick developmental QB, FA, and spend the remainder of the draft capitol addressing the OL, WR, and defensive holes created by players lost.  Perhaps we can find a trade partner to unload Foles in some kind of package deal that either nets us a QB so we go into the season with two FA QB's and a draft pick. I feel we need to play the hand we have which isn't very good and not steal from the future to bandaid the broken present.

I hate to say this, but I think they pick a QB in the first round, bring in a OL in the second and WR in the third. That would probably mean Leno would be back and the rookie would play RT for this year and change to LT going forward. 

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I hate to say this, but I think they pick a QB in the first round, bring in a OL in the second and WR in the third. That would probably mean Leno would be back and the rookie would play RT for this year and change to LT going forward. 

With pace anything's possible he could even trade up to take a QB or player that would have otherwise been there at 20, etc.  Only given with Pace is there will be some head scratching selections.  

38 minutes ago, BearFan2000 said:

With pace anything's possible he could even trade up to take a QB or player that would have otherwise been there at 20, etc.  Only given with Pace is there will be some head scratching selections.  

Totally agree, the will surprise us for good or bad. 

12 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

It's been reported that the Texans have named their price tag and it's steep.   Two first rounders, two second rounders, and two young defensive starters, as a starting point.

HELL NO.

12 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Would you trade 2 1sts for Dak? 

Peace

HELL NO.

10 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Please, Dear God, please stop Pace from even thinking trading up to take a QB.