Tampa Bay Bears

Stinger226

As far as comparing the teams, take a look

DBs;  I think we have talent with AJAK, Fuller and Johnson

LBs;  Devin White and Smith are very similar and Levonta David is better than Trevathan but its not a great difference as you think.

Edge;  Would you rather have Barrett and JPP or Mack and Quinn ? If you take this year away, I would say at least a tie if not in our favor. 

IDL; Vea and Suh or Goldman and Hicks, that's in our favor. 

WR;  Clearly TB but Robinson is almost even with Evans

OL;  Clearly Wirfs is a star in the making. but Jensen and Marpet are the equal with Daniels and Whitehair We need OTs

RB;  With Cohen healthy and Montgomery , I would take over Jones and Fournette. by the way Fournette is a FA.

TEs;  On the year Graham had a better year than Gronk, Gronk clearly the better blocker. I would take Kmet over Brate. 

So how far are we from TB?  QB , new OTs and a WR. Clearly if they make the right QB option we can compete. I think we beat TB if I remember correctly.

Concept-1-Bears.jpg

I think there are some blue/orange glasses looking at the offensive comparisons. Evans is a monster; ARob is good. Their OL rocks; Brady would have died with the Bears' OTs. Jones and Fournette are definitely better. Also, Gronk had five less targets, way more yards, and one less TD; he's better than Graham.

My point is we are close to those standards, not saying equal. If ARob had Brady throwing to him,  the only thing that separates  them is TDs. I agree better but very close. We absolutely need to upgrade OTs to even have the conversation but there again, upgraded if Brady was throwing. Quick and knows where to go. Graham would have had better stats with Brady throwing to him. 

I guess I think the D is a wash, if it comes back whole, offense needs 2 OTs , WR and obviously a solid QB. Montgomery is the best RB out of the players I mentioned. IMO

ARob- 6'2 1/2" 223 4.47 speed

Evans- 6'5" 232 4.53 speed.

Who ever we get at QB wont be close to the top QBs but Carson Wentz maybe top 15 which would put Bears in a winning record and playoff berth next year. So are we better off? probably not . If you overlook last year, he was a top 10 QB.

The biggest thing that I took away from the Bucs win last night and how ineffective the Chiefs were is oline, oline oline. 

It would be great to solve the QB position but it’s still as important as in 1985 you win in the trenches. If the QB has time, the RB is not hit in the backfield on the majority of his carries it’s likely you will have some success. 

With our oline QB has been running for their life and the running back is lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage.

Would Mahomes play last night been how he would have played for us since being drafted with Leno and Massie being his tackles. 

12 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

In all honestly, Andy Reid could have learned something from how the Bears had to taylor a gameplan to counter terrible OL play in the Lazor offense.  Everything underneath was open for them and they failed to play to what the defense offers.

Was thinking this too they made no adjustments. It’s like they had one game plan and just kept trying to follow it no matter what Tampa was doing.  Some of it I think as they got further behind was Mahomes trying to play the hero. Rather than take what the defense gives you. With the pressure they were getting. They should have called more plays to get tha ball out quicker not ask Mahomes to drop back deep and wait for something to open up. They should have done more with screens to make Tampa pay for their aggressive rush.

KC has had many big comebacks and I feel like that is in part like comebacks we had during the early part of our season.  The defenses go into more of a prevent. And suddenly their offense looks on fire and they play off momentum. Where I give props to Tampa is they didn’t let off the gas on defense and allow the Chiefs back into the game.  I hate watching teams build a lead then go into prevent hoping to ride their lead to a win.  For once I saw a defense keep fighting to the end.