Wentz to Colts

Uncle Buck

31 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think there is a dream scenario we can look forward to.  No Derek Carr, no Watson.  Maybe after a year in the system,  better OL, more of a commitment to the running game,  Foles has a better chance to succeed.  Maybe defense plays better. 

As Tampa exposed the great Mahomes and KC offense by attacking a weakend oline, I think it proved the importance of making the offensive line a priority. You need a great first unit with good backups. I would say that is what destroyed the Eagles and if their oline comes back, watch Jalen Hurts become a house hold name. 

For the Bears, they need to find two OTs.  As much as I love having Robinson at WR, I feel he is held back because we don't have that protection or a QB that can overcome deficient protections. Hate to see it, but they need to tag/sign Robinson and trade him.  Until they have a line and QB, he is like a sports car in Alaska.

4 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

As Tampa exposed the great Mahomes and KC offense by attacking a weakend oline, I think it proved the importance of making the offensive line a priority. You need a great first unit with good backups. I would say that is what destroyed the Eagles and if their oline comes back, watch Jalen Hurts become a house hold name. 

For the Bears, they need to find two OTs.  As much as I love having Robinson at WR, I feel he is held back because we don't have that protection or a QB that can overcome deficient protections. Hate to see it, but they need to tag/sign Robinson and trade him.  Until they have a line and QB, he is like a sports car in Alaska.

I seen where Wagner (RT) from GB got cut,  anybody interested? He was average last year but at least bring him in on a cheap price to compete with a rookie at RT , definitely a better option than Spriggs who wasn't very good. We need to draft 2 OTs, 1 WR, 1 QB, DT, CB,SS, ILB,  TE,  and pass rusher.  All of that is not happening in the draft.  So the first 3 picks have to be OT, QB, and WR preferably in that order.  We need to tag AROB,  but keep him. Why trade and then draft a rookie or sign a free agent that will not be as good,  that doesn't make sense. 

I don't want any free agents signed for more than vet. min.  At any position.  They have to start building this team thru  the draft and stop giving away picks for retreteads or moving up in the draft.  Now.  if they think the right QB is there for a price then OK.  But if the do that and it looks like a failure in the first year or two delete the whole staff.  You have to try and hit the most important position on a team every year.  But after five years and wrong choices every year sorry times up!!  They are the front office this year so they have the right to choose what they are going to do.  Lets hope they get it right!!

54 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I seen where Wagner (RT) from GB got cut,  anybody interested? He was average last year but at least bring him in on a cheap price to compete with a rookie at RT , definitely a better option than Spriggs who wasn't very good.

I saw that too and was going to bring it up for the same reasons. Wagner actually played pretty well after starting 9(?) games at RT.  I’d even venture to say he’s good enough to start(?). But they still should consider drafting at least one OT.  

In that same message I saw they released MLB Kirksey as well.  Are we still concerned about TrevathanS cover ability?  Kirkseys a speedy LB more like Smith.  For what it’s worth I thought Danny did better as the season progressed.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/19/packers-release-lb-christian-kirksey-ot-rick-wagner/

19 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think there is a dream scenario we can look forward to.  No Derek Carr, no Watson.  Maybe after a year in the system,  better OL, more of a commitment to the running game,  Foles has a better chance to succeed.  Maybe defense plays better. 

Sadly this is where we are.  We are down to looking at making the best of a bad situation no one we can bring in will make anyone excited.  At least without mortgaging the present and future to surround this new found star QB (ie Watson) with garbage, thus nullifying any positives said QB could bring.  At this point Foles will be day one starter, along with some other vet, and possibly a rookie.   But if we don't address and fix the OL this team will go no where anyway.  I do feel like with an average to above average line or better you'd be surprised how much better Foles or any QB would look along with making our run game better.  SB was a perfect example of this, the great Mahomes was humbled as he was running for his life all game, and the prolific KC offense failed to find the end zone in 60 min of football.  OL is the great equalizer of football as goes the OL so goes the offense.  Till we fix that there won't be any consistency.