Good idea or bad idea

Stinger226

I personally think AROB is a top 5 or 6 best WRs in the league. Having said that, for the 18.6 mil it will take just to tag him this  year should we?

How about sign a Cory Davis made 6 mil last year, ( maybe 10 m) and Curtis Samuel  who made 1.6 last year (6 mil contract for this year) and throw in a Phillip Dorsett 1.2 mil this year (3 mil contract). None are as good as AROB but gives us a upgraded WR room, for almost the same money. That way we can concentrate on upgrading the OL and a QB prospect in the draft.

17 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I personally think AROB is a top 5 or 6 best WRs in the league. Having said that, for the 18.6 mil it will take just to tag him this  year should we?

How about sign a Cory Davis made 6 mil last year, ( maybe 10 m) and Curtis Samuel  who made 1.6 last year (6 mil contract for this year) and throw in a Phillip Dorsett 1.2 mil this year (3 mil contract). None are as good as AROB but gives us a upgraded WR room, for almost the same money. That way we can concentrate on upgrading the OL and a QB prospect in the draft.

I like Corey Davis a lot and if it were up to me I would franchise and trade Arob. It will be a near-term step down, but its a deep WR draft so take a couple shots there. I would love a 2nd rounder for Arob in that scenario and that is possible - but my guess is maybe you get a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year or something.  

I have to believe Arob is worth just as much to a team wanting a #1 WR as Stephan Diggs was when traded to Buffalo.

It cost Buffalo their 2020 first-round, fifth-round and sixth-round picks and a 2021 fourth-round pick—Buffalo got a 2020 seventh-rounder in return.

I would be unhappy if all we got for him was two 3rds, one this year, one next year.

I see all of these teams getting huge dividends when trading blue chip players. We always get crap.

39 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I have to believe Arob is worth just as much to a team wanting a #1 WR as Stephan Diggs was when traded to Buffalo.

It cost Buffalo their 2020 first-round, fifth-round and sixth-round picks and a 2021 fourth-round pick—Buffalo got a 2020 seventh-rounder in return.

I would be unhappy if all we got for him was two 3rds, one this year, one next year.

I see all of these teams getting huge dividends when trading blue chip players. We always get crap.

I think the issue is Diggs was more of a full market move - where as anyone signing Arob kind of has to play out the whole franchise thing and so that naturally lowers his value.  Said another way - Bears don't have the same leverage Vikings did.  If you look at Jarvis Landry - he is probably most recent/relevant comp - franchised & traded - and Dolphins got a 4th & 7th round pick for him.  

But Pix - I hope you are right - cause that would be way better.  Leverage matters though - and the good news is - the FA WR crop is pretty thin - but the flipside is - this is a deep wideout draft.