Pace Plan to get Fired in 2021

Stinger226

With all his bad decisions in drafting and FA we are now trying to improve by cutting good players because our cap situation sucks. Replace bad draft picks . Pace plan to get fired in 2021

Andy Dalton

OL  Leno -Whitehair-Mystifer-Daniels-                               IFedi resigned

TE  Keep Graham

WR     AROB tag and then lose him

WR    Not resign Patterson

Get rid of Skrine-Fuller-Hicks    Yet to fill spots at S, at CB and DT   Sign Edwards and Blackson

DRAFT

1) Tyson Campbell/CB

2) Terrance Marshall/WR

3) Marvin Wilson/DT

5) Kellen Mond/QB

6) Tommy Doyle/OT

6) Tril  Williams/SS

6) Ambry Thomas/ CB

It goes back to what was the plan? With every plan, you have to have contingencies. Did Pace offer up Fuller and Hicks to SEA with a bunch of draft picks and they said no? Then this was his Plan B?

They already restructured Fuller's contract before and were going into last season knowing there was this looming point where he was going to have a $20M cap hit if not restructured or extended, and the only option you have left is to cut him? Like that is the LAST option in which you had at least a year to plan for something else. Fuller could've said no to a restructure or wanted a bigger deal than they were willing to give. If that was the case, then Pace backed himself into the corner without an out. 

Now as devil's advocate, are we sipping the Kyle Fuller Koolaid? Is the team seeing something we are not? Here are Fuller's numbers for the last 3 years:

2018: 7 INT, 31 PD
2019: 3 INT, 12 PD
2020: 1 INT, 8 PD

So his year-over-year totals have regressed in terms of INTs and passed defended, which are the most impactful plays for a CB. Was there a team with a ton of cap space willing to guarantee Fuller's services? $20M for this season would make him tied for the highest paid CB in the league with Ramsey. Obviously, he is not worth that much, but to get nothing for a former 1st round pick, only 2 years removed from All Pro status seems criminal.

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Now as devil's advocate, are we sipping the Kyle Fuller Koolaid? Is the team seeing something we are not? Here are Fuller's numbers for the last 3 years:

2018: 7 INT, 31 PD
2019: 3 INT, 12 PD
2020: 1 INT, 8 PD

Perhaps he’s not being thrown at as much?  Remember Johnson was a rookie last year and was replaced by other various players when he went out.  But going with your ‘plan’ idea, who on the roster replaces Fuller?  Did Pace just add another draft need by doing this? 

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Perhaps he’s not being thrown at as much?  Remember Johnson was a rookie last year and was replaced by other various players when he went out.  But going with your ‘plan’ idea, who on the roster replaces Fuller?  Did Pace just add another draft need by doing this? 

I have no clue what his plan is, but making a hole is never a good idea because the draft should be used to upgrade not fill a hole you created. What sucks is the team takes a $9M cap hit with Fuller cut, so unless they sign someone under $10M, it was a total waste and downgrade for no reason.

All they had to do is give him a 3yr extension, give him a big guarantee and push some to next year when the cap goes back up. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I have no clue what his plan is, but making a hole is never a good idea because the draft should be used to upgrade not fill a hole you created. What sucks is the team takes a $9M cap hit with Fuller cut, so unless they sign someone under $10M, it was a total waste and downgrade for no reason.

All they had to do is give him a 3yr extension, give him a big guarantee and push some to next year when the cap goes back up. 

they must think there will be a glut of free agent CBs that have to take cheap one year deals. They probably have a list of acceptable candidates, it probably includes Fuller, and they will make a play for the last or second to last one standing at the lowest price.

54 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

they must think there will be a glut of free agent CBs that have to take cheap one year deals. They probably have a list of acceptable candidates, it probably includes Fuller, and they will make a play for the last or second to last one standing at the lowest price.

Here ya go:

#9 best-rated available CB on the market. So it will be interesting to see what they paid him. 

41 minutes ago, OmahaBear said:

They have him a grade of 38.4 for last year.. While fuller got a 64.1.... LOL 

Injuries. He only played in 6 games, still had the same INTs as Fuller and half the PDs in a fraction of the snaps. So the production is there if healthy.

He is only 17 months older than Fuller. If he can return to form, might be a decent filler.

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

They went to Fuller with trying to take a pay cut or extent his contract. When he said no, they had to be ready to cut him. Fuller is a good player but if you look at his history , he only had one year with over 3 interceptions.(7-2018). They got Trufant, and if he stays healthy is not much below Fullers level. They will bring in another CB and draft one. As far as Hicks goes, a big leader and cheerleader but did not have a sack after the 3rd game of the year. Has had injuries the last two years at 32. With Fuller they have been playing soft cover, Trufant and I suspect Johnson would be better in press coverage. Maybe Desai changes that which I would be all in on. Nichols will play Hicks spot as Goldman comes back. I think he takes another step forward.

So is Pace going to think we're okay with IFEDI,  Leno and Wilkinson? Then not draft a OT until after the 3rd round? I can see that happening. The first 3 picks could be CB,  WR,  and QB depending on the draft falls.  Although QB is the most important draft component,  whoever they get won't become a starter this year. What I find interesting is the strength of the draft is OT, WR and CB.  Maybe he can get 3 starters with the first 3 picks but one of them need to be a OT. 

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

So is Pace going to think we're okay with IFEDI,  Leno and Wilkinson? Then not draft a OT until after the 3rd round? I can see that happening. The first 3 picks could be CB,  WR,  and QB depending on the draft falls.  Although QB is the most important draft component,  whoever they get won't become a starter this year. What I find interesting is the strength of the draft is OT, WR and CB.  Maybe he can get 3 starters with the first 3 picks but one of them need to be a OT. 

Safety is the only starting hole that needs to be filled, but I could see CB or WR first. 

I have an odd feeling we draft Mac Jones in the first, after a small trade up into the teens. 

23 minutes ago, adam said:

Safety is the only starting hole that needs to be filled, but I could see CB or WR first. 

I have an odd feeling we draft Mac Jones in the first, after a small trade up into the teens. 

I would like to see this.

57 minutes ago, adam said:

I would like that but to get ahead of NE , you will have to give up a third and 5th? That would only leaving a second to add CB,  WR and OT. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I would like that but to get ahead of NE , you will have to give up a third and 5th? That would only leaving a second to add CB,  WR and OT. 

I think it will take more than a 3rd and a 5th too. And if yout hink Jones is the guy, you do it.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:10 PM, Stinger226 said:

Damian Williams coming to town.  RB last with Chiefs 

What a stupid move this was. Just because they know him. Maybe they should figure out how to get Cohen the ball on the outside, in space, instead of slamming a 175lb dude into a line full of 300lb monsters. Just like freaking Garrett Wolfe, completely misused.