Miller still on the trading block

adam

Saw this today from a not-so reliable source.  I suppose on the surface it makes sense.  Brown wants out of Baltimore but at 24 and having been in the last two Pro Bowls can’t see the Bears really being in play.  But Miller was mentioned as a trading piece so maybe?

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/anthony-miller-orlando-brown-trade-rumors/

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Saw this today from a not-so reliable source.  I suppose on the surface it makes sense.  Brown wants out of Baltimore but at 24 and having been in the last two Pro Bowls can’t see the Bears really being in play.  But Miller was mentioned as a trading piece so maybe?

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/anthony-miller-orlando-brown-trade-rumors/

Ive heard that also.  But why would the Ravens trade Brown, an above average tackle, for a soon to be released WR with out some serious draft compensation?

14 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

If Pace could pull that trade off, it would almost offset the other dumbass trades he's made.

I have to believe the only way Baltimore trades Brown is if they get MAJOR draft picks in return. A 24 yr old pro bowl left tackle is going to require at least one first rounder + ????. Then when the trade is complete, what is it going to cost to sign him to a multi year deal to make sure he remains with us?

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Ive heard that also.  But why would the Ravens trade Brown, an above average tackle, for a soon to be released WR with out some serious draft compensation?

because they are worried someone else will get him, which is WHY this story exists, to give the illusion that other teams will snatch Miller up and the only way to secure him for the Ravens is a trade. And it wont work. They might make a trade, but it wont be because this article scared them into it LOL

Miller will be a free agent after this year anyway, so if you can get a 5th or 6th for him, do it because you will be lucky to get that in a comp pick next year anyway. He has been a huge disappointment for the amount of draft capital paid to draft him. 

The Miller trade-up to #51 still baffles me. These were the next few WRs and TEs on the board:

60 - PIT - James Washington
61 - JAX - DJ Chark
81 - DAL - Michael Gallup
86 - BAL - Mark Andrews