Orlando Brown Traded

adam

22 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

A lot to give up, but then again they might be desperate for O-Line help.  Injuries showed how thin their line was in the SB.

I actually think they won.  They traded the 31st pick for a young pro bowl left tackle. (Priceless)  Then look at the rest of the trade.  They get 58 and give up 94 & 136.  I don't know what the value chart says, but I can guarantee the proven commodity is worth more than 31.  Look at the Tunsil trade.

Edited by Mongo3451

53 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I actually think they won.  They traded the 31st pick for a young pro bowl left tackle. (Priceless)  Then look at the rest of the trade.  They get 58 and give up 94 & 136.  I funny know what the value chart says, but I can guarantee the proven commodity is worth more than 31.  Look at the Tunsil trade.

agree 100%

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I actually think they won.  They traded the 31st pick for a young pro bowl left tackle. (Priceless)  Then look at the rest of the trade.  They get 58 and give up 94 & 136.  I funny know what the value chart says, but I can guarantee the proven commodity is worth more than 31.  Look at the Tunsil trade.

The known commodity is always better, but Brown is going to be really expensive.

All the Ravens picks equals pick #23, even with some comp back, that gets you a solid OT on a rookie deal with 5-years of potential. Brown is basically a one-year deal.

39 minutes ago, adam said:

The known commodity is always better, but Brown is going to be really expensive.

All the Ravens picks equals pick #23, even with some comp back, that gets you a solid OT on a rookie deal with 5-years of potential. Brown is basically a one-year deal.

He'll be worth it.  As long as they have Mahomes and Kelce, all the other offensive pieces can be young, fast and cheap.

6 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I actually think they won.  They traded the 31st pick for a young pro bowl left tackle. (Priceless)  Then look at the rest of the trade.  They get 58 and give up 94 & 136.  I don't know what the value chart says, but I can guarantee the proven commodity is worth more than 31.  Look at the Tunsil trade.

Can't agree more.  The get a know stud.  And a 2nd for a third..  The rest doesn't really matter 

First of all,  he was a pro bowl RT and will switching to LT with probably a new expensive contract.  Remember a few yrs ago,  Rick Wagner got paid by Detroit and ended up getting cut then went to Pack.  These kind of deals have a 50% fail rate.  Would rather moved up and taken rookie deal instead of this risk. Also I don't expect Kyle Long to finish yr at his age , their revamped line may not be as good as they think it is. Pace would have taken those picks for our spot. 

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

First of all,  he was a pro bowl RT and will switching to LT with probably a new expensive contract.  Remember a few yrs ago,  Rick Wagner got paid by Detroit and ended up getting cut then went to Pack.  These kind of deals have a 50% fail rate.  Would rather moved up and taken rookie deal instead of this risk. Also I don't expect Kyle Long to finish yr at his age , their revamped line may not be as good as they think it is. Pace would have taken those picks for our spot. 

He made the Pro Bowl by playing most of the games at left tackle, due to injuries of Ronnie Stanley.  That's what started the whole trade ordeal, because he proved it on the field and wants to get paid accordingly.  He'll be fine unless injured.

19 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

He'll be worth it.  As long as they have Mahomes and Kelce, all the other offensive pieces can be young, fast and cheap.

Kelce will be 32 this year; for TEs, he is nearing that steep cliff from elite to average.

For next season, the Chiefs have 119M locked into 5 players with very little wiggle room. That doesn't count Hill at $20.6M or Hitchens at $12.7M, which if you add them would be $152M for 7 players with a need to get 44 additional players under the cap with $48M left. Which still doesn't account for guys like Butker ($4.2M) and Edwards-Helaire ($2.9M) which will eat more of that cap than a vet minimum or rookie deal.

Brown is set to only make $3.6M this year and will be due for a huge payday after this season. KC clearly sees this as a one-year deal because they will not have the cap space to bring him back in 2022. KC will more than likely let him walk and get a nice 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him, but was all of that worth it for one year of Brown over a rookie? Time will tell. Obviously the Ravens thought otherwise. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Kelce will be 32 this year; for TEs, he is nearing that steep cliff from elite to average.

For next season, the Chiefs have 119M locked into 5 players with very little wiggle room. That doesn't count Hill at $20.6M or Hitchens at $12.7M, which if you add them would be $152M for 7 players with a need to get 44 additional players under the cap with $48M left. Which still doesn't account for guys like Butker ($4.2M) and Edwards-Helaire ($2.9M) which will eat more of that cap than a vet minimum or rookie deal.

Brown is set to only make $3.6M this year and will be due for a huge payday after this season. KC clearly sees this as a one-year deal because they will not have the cap space to bring him back in 2022. KC will more than likely let him walk and get a nice 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him, but was all of that worth it for one year of Brown over a rookie? Time will tell. Obviously the Ravens thought otherwise. 

The Ravens have a starting left tackle under contract, so I think you are missing something.  Like I said, they'll end up cutting guys like Hill as they replace him with fresher legs.  They'll be just fine.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

The Ravens have a starting left tackle under contract, so I think you are missing something.  Like I said, they'll end up cutting guys like Hill as they replace him with fresher legs.  They'll be just fine.

If Orlando Brown is a great LT, you find a way to lock him up long term.  They are not found on clearance racks often. 

I think other than NE,  who gets rid of players before they get big contracts,  it is diminishing returns once they pay a QB big money.  As players get older and replace them, it starts to fall off going forward.  NO did it with screwed up cap but never got back to big dance.  The window is now for KC and they will attack until they run out of money. Drafting is the key to stay relevant and trading draft picks for big contracts will catch up with them. 

20 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

No, I am tracking. From the Ravens standpoint, it doesn't make sense either. If Brown was that good, you sign him and trade Stanley who is going to cost $20M+ very soon. 

The Chiefs are going all in this year. They will probably move on from Hill and Kelce within the next year or two, but it's not like you can just plug and play with any player. Those two are top 5 at their positions and the Chiefs will be lucky to replace them with anyone near their levels.

28 minutes ago, adam said:

No, I am tracking. From the Ravens standpoint, it doesn't make sense either. If Brown was that good, you sign him and trade Stanley who is going to cost $20M+ very soon. 

The Chiefs are going all in this year. They will probably move on from Hill and Kelce within the next year or two, but it's not like you can just plug and play with any player. Those two are top 5 at their positions and the Chiefs will be lucky to replace them with anyone near their levels.

Everyone is praising the Chiefs for this trade and Baltimore fans are pissed.  Both Brown and Stanley are good.  One of them is going to make left tackle money and the other right tackle money.  Brown wanted Stanley's job and pay scale and he's on his way.

Just now, Mongo3451 said:

Nobody is saying the Ravens won this trade.  Everyone is praising three Chiefs.

All I am saying is the Chiefs are basically bringing him in for a one-year deal, which makes it a rental. They may get a comp pick for him, but that would be at least 2 years away, so unless they win it all, they will be worse off in 2022 than they are today. 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

All I am saying is the Chiefs are basically bringing him in for a one-year deal, which makes it a rental. They may get a comp pick for him, but that would be at least 2 years away, so unless they win it all, they will be worse off in 2022 than they are today. 

And I'm saying they brought him in for the next decade to lock down the blind side.  And got a steal.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

And I'm saying they brought him in for the next decade to lock down the blind side.  And got a steal.

totally agree. Theyll sign him to a long term deal.

Remember all this drafting and trading etc, in the end is to get highly talented players at key positions, and when you do, you DO have to pay them what they are worth, and if they are that good, you are HAPPY to do it.