Teven Jenkins Video

adam

1 hour ago, adam said:

This is an awesome video and breakdown, I love the title. I have no doubt that this guy will be able to anchor the left side of the line.

2 years from now, this will go down as the greatest draft in Bears history....and I groaned about trading up.  ??

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

2 years from now, this will go down as the greatest draft in Bears history....and I groaned about trading up.  ??

You're not alone.  I hated the idea of losing draft picks and would have loved getting Teven Jenkins at 20. Well guess what,  I liked the Pace factor. I still got Jenkins and ( would have bet my house on it) that drafting Justin Fields was impossible.  Also a backup NT (Konga) a CB that will contribute this year ( Graham), a WR that will contribute (Newsome ), and a potential RT with an attitude (Bosom). Plus a RB that will end up being our primary backup to Mongomery.  That's quite the haul with limited draft picks. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

You're not alone.  I hated the idea of losing draft picks and would have loved getting Teven Jenkins at 20. Well guess what,  I liked the Pace factor. I still got Jenkins and ( would have bet my house on it) that drafting Justin Fields was impossible.  Also a backup NT (Konga) a CB that will contribute this year ( Graham), a WR that will contribute (Newsome ), and a potential RT with an attitude (Bosom). Plus a RB that will end up being our primary backup to Mongomery.  That's quite the haul with limited draft picks. 

The Pace factor might have finally worked.  Got me drawn back in at least.  Now I'm ready to help Pace draft next year. 

It is also nice to be able to wipe the Trubisky off and move on from that. Up until the Fields pick, it was a hard pill to swallow, but if Trubisky was even a little better, they may have picked up his 5th year option and we wouldn't have picked Fields. So this ended up working out great for us. Pace hadn't used an early round pick on a OT ever, so to take one swing at it and get a 1st round graded talent at 39 is awesome. If Mustipher sticks, the team will have a good ratio of players on rookie contracts on the O-Line for a long time. Daniels is next for a contract extension. If we can solidify the other tackle spot, this line may become a top-10 unit. 

I absolutely love that the two OL that we took have that nasty streak. That’s been missing for too long and it’s contagious. Not since the enforcer (Kruetz) have we really had that element. Long had some of that but injuries caught up to him.  You need lineman that live for blowing up defenders rather than what we’ve had.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

He has a unique technique.  On pass sets, he waits for the DL to get hands on him first then apply a counter move.  My only concern is if he faces a strong handed edge rusher that uses that against him.  We'll see real soon.  I'm optimistic!

He’ll be practicing against one of the best from time to time with Mack.  Can’t do much better.  

Another thing, Mack comes off the left side a lot (against RT). You really need bookend tackles, so if Jenkins locks down the right side of the line for the next 10+ years, I will still be good with the pick. 

I was so close to giving up on this team - something I NEVER though could be possible. And now, we have real reasons for hope and I am drawn back in, just like ASHKUM says.

Whether it's fair or entirely true, if things turn around, we are just going to say "Trubisky was a huge mistake, and the reason why everything fell apart" and not even  going to remember with much emotion who even drafted him. Nagy, for all his faults, inherited Trubisky.

With the new QB, who is probably right now the best QB in Bears history, even though he hasn't even made his rookie mistakes yet or thrown a single NFL pass, and some truly nasty picks, including Tevin Jenkins here, we seem to be getting an identity. A BEAR identity. A tough, grind it out blue collar Grubowski like Jenkins is something we have missed for too long. And Fields is something we have never had at all.

Bear Down.

6 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Whether it's fair or entirely true, if things turn around, we are just going to say "Trubisky was a huge mistake, and the reason why everything fell apart" and not even  going to remember with much emotion who even drafted him. Nagy, for all his faults, inherited Trubisky.

I remember the Trubisky draft, everyone was excited/perplexed by the trade up from #3 to #2, assuming the Bears were drafting Watson, only to hear Trubisky's name called. There was a collective groan throughout Bears Fandom. He got booed at the Bulls game and had a deer in the headlights look all the time. Good kid, but not a starting NFL QB.

Fields is literally the polar opposite. With all the crazy stuff going on with Watson, maybe this worked out about as good as it could have as the team was never taking Mahomes.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

I was so close to giving up on this team - something I NEVER though could be possible. And now, we have real reasons for hope and I am drawn back in, just like ASHKUM says.

With the new QB, who is probably right now the best QB in Bears history, even though he hasn't even made his rookie mistakes yet or thrown a single NFL pass, and some truly nasty picks, including Tevin Jenkins here, we seem to be getting an identity. A BEAR identity. A tough, grind it out blue collar Grubowski like Jenkins is something we have missed for too long. And Fields is something we have never had at all.

Bear Down.

I am glad the magic worked to make Fields available at the Giants slot.  That has brought in a new energy that feels a little different than any other time.  A rookie QB puts the Bears back in a window to keep or sign key free agents also in a year or two.   

2 hours ago, adam said:

I remember the Trubisky draft, everyone was excited/perplexed by the trade up from #3 to #2, assuming the Bears were drafting Watson, only to hear Trubisky's name called. There was a collective groan throughout Bears Fandom. He got booed at the Bulls game and had a deer in the headlights look all the time. Good kid, but not a starting NFL QB.

Fields is literally the polar opposite. With all the crazy stuff going on with Watson, maybe this worked out about as good as it could have as the team was never taking Mahomes.

This ???!

On 5/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, BearFan NYC said:

Bear Down.

While I could never bring myself to fully give up on the Bears, I was on the verge of not caring or watching the team this season.  I just didn't think I could put myself through another throw away season watching my team compete only for a high draft pick.  Last years games were mostly unwatchable yet glutton for punishment I was I still watched though I found myself shutting the games off early.  From the end of the season presser when they kept everyone other than a couple scapegoats told me they didn't care about winning or improving the product on the field.  It made me apprehensive about the draft since our GM was in "save my job" mode my expectations were quite low and my fears he'd sell the farm to trade up and take take a bust. I had visions of 2017 all over again.   But then some magic started happening.  SF was the team who gave up a ton to take a project QB, and Pace was the one who bided his time and worked a deal with the Giants to steal Fields at 11, and he wasn't done taking Jenkins, and Borom to upgrade our OL, and got talent at each pick.  On paper this is undoubtedly his best draft as Bears GM, probably our best draft in a long long time.  Time will tell but we as Bears fans went into the draft with fear, and came out with hope and optimism like we haven't experienced on draft day.  I will never forget the Trubisky trade up draft.  Everyone including Trubisky was surprised he was taken at 2 after getting fleeced to move up one spot.  Pace then compounded that error by drafting Shaheen in the second.  The only bright spots in that draft were Jackson and Cohen.    The other guy who's name escapes me isn't even in the league anymore.  So only two of 5 draft picks from that draft are still with the team.  

To quote Lloyd Christmas "Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"  Not that this observes Pace for his many sins as GM but it's a heck of a start.  I would not be surprised if he and Naggy have bought themselves some time.  If this is the start of them turning the corner then I'll gladly eat crow.  

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

While I could never bring myself to fully give up on the Bears, I was on the verge of not caring or watching the team this season.  I just didn't think I could put myself through another throw away season...

To quote Lloyd Christmas "Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"  Not that this observes Pace for his many sins as GM but it's a heck of a start.  I would not be surprised if he and Naggy have bought themselves some time.  If this is the start of them turning the corner then I'll gladly eat crow.  

I'm with you 100%.