Morgan Moses signs with Jets

adam

A somewhat interesting nugget came out about Moses. It sounds like he was asked to play LT and wanted to stay at RT, so he signed with the Jets.

Several interesting takes. LT's make a lot more than RT's, so I wonder if it was for the same amount, so he didn't want to switch without a raise? Was he depth at LT and wanted to start? My assumption is Jenkins at LT and Ifedi at RT with Borom backing him up. So LT makes sense if you were bringing him in as insurance and depth.

I don't how much the Bears could gauge on the progress of Jenkins without pads and basically 3 weeks of walk-throughs. 

I think They were covering themselves in case Jenkins didn't work out. They boldly turned the job over to Teven  w/o  having a solid backup. Figuring Moses could handle the LT spot. He probably balked at  not having a defined position, maybe IT or maybe the right side

It's only confusing if you think that Leno is near the level of Moses. If you think Leno was garbage, then there is no confusion with cutting him and then looking for depth at LT.

Also they saved a bunch of salary cap room cutting Leno, and I bet Moses was cheaper than what they would have had to pay Leno as just some insurance.

Also, adam may be right, he probably didnt want to sign somewhere where he would either be a backup, or thew writing was on the wall that he would be demoted during the season.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

They boldly turned the job over to Teven  w/o  having a solid backup.

They have NO backup and Jenkins has very little experience at LT.  This is a huge gamble by Pace.  Please pray for a cap cut veteran that has experience, otherwise this season will be a complete disaster and a wasted year for the development of Fields.

They have Wilkinson backing him up there right now. He was a starter for Denver last year on the RB spot but has played on the LT spot before. Probably more of a swing tackle than a starter. I think if they do not bring anyone else in, they will have Alex Bars taking some stamps at left. Having him be able to play any position on the Oline would be huge for his value on the team. He Played a few games at C and RG last year. Did a decent job.

20 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

They have Wilkinson backing him up there right now. He was a starter for Denver last year on the RB spot but has played on the LT spot before. Probably more of a swing tackle than a starter. I think if they do not bring anyone else in, they will have Alex Bars taking some stamps at left. Having him be able to play any position on the Oline would be huge for his value on the team. He Played a few games at C and RG last year. Did a decent job.

I forgot about Wilkinson. He is definitely experienced depth and an obvious upgrade over Coward. The Bears also signed Tyrone Wheatley Jr. as a UDFA, who obviously has football DNA in his blood. That would be a cool story. 

In regards to Jenkins, anyone want to take a guess as to what game he gets flagged for driving his man out of bounds and pancakes him? I loved watching the highlight video of him on the Bears' website showing him doing the same in a college game. Despite his coaches warning him that in the NFL that might get him tossed in a game, he's going to find it hard to harness the emotion he plays with. I give him 3 games. :lol:

Short Highlight Video: Jenkins is Going to be a Beast!

One interesting thought, if Moses preferred the Jets becasue he felt he had a better chance to start, then he and his agent are both agreeing that there is a good chance that Jenkins is going to turn out to be starter quality...

On 6/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, Pixote said:

In regards to Jenkins, anyone want to take a guess as to what game he gets flagged for driving his man out of bounds and pancakes him? I loved watching the highlight video of him on the Bears' website showing him doing the same in a college game. Despite his coaches warning him that in the NFL that might get him tossed in a game, he's going to find it hard to harness the emotion he plays with. I give him 3 games. :lol:

Short Highlight Video: Jenkins is Going to be a Beast!

Just keep it in bounds! 

On 6/29/2021 at 4:44 PM, BearFan NYC said:

One interesting thought, if Moses preferred the Jets becasue he felt he had a better chance to start, then he and his agent are both agreeing that there is a good chance that Jenkins is going to turn out to be starter quality...

Yep that is true, and just because he was asked to play LT doesn't mean he was being anointed the starter there. I believe they have more RTs than LTs, so bringing in some depth to play LT makes sense.