We need a few extensions

adam

With the projected cap in 2022, it would be wise to extend ARob and Roquan now. Locked them both up long term, ARob is still only 27 and it is better to extend Roquan before he is an All-Pro selection. 

Thoughts?

Hard to say with Roquan.  He is under contract for 2 more years.  It would be a gamble as you said he could become All-Pro.  But I bet Roquan already has his eyes on the top slot for ILB pay.  The payoff is the gamble on health.  How much discount does he give for getting that next contract 2 years early. 

I think with the pending extension for Daniels and Smith, AROB may be odd man out. If everyone jells as planned, you also are going to have pay Mustifry and Nichols. I think if Mooney plays well they make that decision on AROB.and Mooney becomes out #1.

15 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think with the pending extension for Daniels and Smith, AROB may be odd man out. If everyone jells as planned, you also are going to have pay Mustifry and Nichols. I think if Mooney plays well they make that decision on AROB.and Mooney becomes out #1.

How much are Daniels, Nichols, and Mustipher going to command? With Fields on his rookie deal, you could easily re-sign all of them. Also, once they drop Quinn, Graham, and Foles off the books, there will be even more available space. There is also a huge chunk of dead money that will come off the books after this year (Fuller $9M, Massie $3.9M, Skrine $3.3M, and Burton) too. If they want to do some extensions, they will have the money in the next few years to do so.

For WRs, 5'11", 176 vs 6'2", 220. ARob is 40+ lbs heavier. I don't know if Mooney is built as a #1. Mooney also has 3 more years on his rookie deal so you could extend ARob and then make a decision near the end of his new deal when Mooney is due an extension. 

I wouldn't worry about Moony yet he's only entering his second season.  With the added cap, and like Adam said we have dead money coming off the cap, and freeing up more space by making some cuts, and possibly other minor restructure.  Now would be the time to make one last push to get Arob on a new contract to ensure he stays beyond 2021, perhaps address Roquan next year if there's not enough room to do him and Arob.  With Fields on the rookie deal for 4-5 years (assuming we extend him before he gets to the 5th year option).  We have time to build around him on offense.  Would love to see Robinson locked in and I'm sure having the opportunity to play with a QB like Fields has to be far more intriguing than the direction of our QB room prior to the draft.