TalkBears Keeper FFB League 2021

adam

GM's, I want to get a jump on the league compared to last year as we cut it really close in terms of replacement GMs and payments. 

So I need to get confirmation by 12 AUG that you intend to play this year. I will send out reminders weekly to ensure those that may not visit the site are getting the notifications as well. Once 12 AUG hits, we will start looking for replacement GMs to fill your slot.

Here are the league dates:

Confirm GM status for the season: 12 AUG

Payment via LeagueSafe: 26 AUG (David has already paid)

League Draft Window: 27 AUG - 03 SEP

Week 1: 09 SEP 

So for those that frequent the site regularly, please post whether you will be participating in the league this year or not.  The league and ability to pay should be available in a few weeks. I will need Ary to restart the league for this season as the Commish. Once the league is restarted, I will confirm the league settings and rules. If my memory serves me correctly, we are up to 2x Keepers (can't be the same as last year/had to be drafted by you and on your roster at season's end), and the fee is $30, with the Champ taking $180, 2nd taking $90, and 3rd taking $30. Draft order is last to first as a snake draft and the standard weekly waivers are in use. 

If there are other rule changes or requests, we can discuss them here. I will pin this to the top of the board for now.

KEEPER TRACKER (as of 7/23)

5th: Dak Prescott, QB; David Montgomery, RB

9th: Antonio Gibson, RB

10th: Josh Allen, QB

14th: TJ Hockenson, TE

• adam pinned and featured this topic
On 7/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, Stinger226 said:

Ya, I'm in , haven't been good  for awhile but one of these I might get lucky .

The league is live now so you can set up your draft rankings:  https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/119614

LeagueSafe link: https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3981970/talkbears-keeper-2021

If you already know your keepers, please start posting them here.

Thanks,

Management :)

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Can  u  give the compensation rules on the keepers agian?

Correct me if I am wrong but the first keeper is 1 round, so a 4th round pick costs a 3rd rounder this year. If you choose a second keeper, that one costs 2 rounds, so a 6th will cost a 4th. If you happen to choose two picks with the same round comp (4>3 and 5>3), just swap the round comp so (4>2, 5>4), so you still give up 3 rounds total for 2 keepers. 

Previous Keepers, ineligible for Keeper status in 2021:

Michael Thomas - PapaBear
Derrick Henry - Destined for...
Chris Godwin - The Bunny
DJ Moore - Victorious S...
Cooper Kupp - The Mad Lith...
Austin Ekeler - Nips&Tips
Melvin Gordon III - SAVAGEw/LOOS...
Kenyan Drake - Run dem pockets
A.J. Green - Nopper
Adrian Peterson - Run dem pockets
Michael Gallup - MotM
Jordan Howard - MotM
Lamar Jackson - Victorious S...
Kareem Hunt - The Mad Lith...
Darren Waller - SAVAGEw/LOOS...

On 7/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, adam said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the first keeper is 1 round, so a 4th round pick costs a 3rd rounder this year. If you choose a second keeper, that one costs 2 rounds, so a 6th will cost a 4th. If you happen to choose two picks with the same round comp (4>3 and 5>3), just swap the round comp so (4>2, 5>4), so you still give up 3 rounds total for 2 keepers. 

If I keep Dak and Hockenson, it costs me a fifth and tenth?

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

If I keep Dak and Hockenson, it costs me a fifth and tenth?

Mongo, Dak was a 5th round pick and Hockenson was a 14th rounder, so that would cost a 4th for Dak (1 round) and a 12th for Hockenson (2 rounds).

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

In going to keep David Montgomery lose my 5th and Antonio Gibson and loss  my 9th. 

That's highway robbery, I wanted Gibson last year, but waited too long (obviously). I should've taken in him in the 7-8th.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

According to (experts) they are both #2 RBs but I think both could finish top 12. In one league last year I ended up with McCaffery and Michel Thomas making me think I would easily make the playoffs. Both failed. You never know how things work out. 

Montgomery is a top 5 back and Gibson has huge upside. The QB situation in WAS is the only thing that is concerning and that would impact him.

I added a Keeper Tracker at the end of the first post.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents about 10 days until GM confirmation. We need 3 more to respond and make payment. If you know anyone in the league, please remind them. I am starting to send out reminders via email.

Confirmed/Paid: Adam, Andrew, Ary, Brad, Duane, David, and Kam

Not Confirmed/Unpaid: Jason, Steve (Mongo), and Nopper.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:29 AM, adam said:

Ok, we are down to one more GM and we are all paid for the 2021 season. Does anyone have contact with Jason? He was a new add last year and is our last GM to confirm for this season.

Does anyone have contact with Jason/Jay (Team: Nips&Tips)? We are nearing the deadline for renewal and if he is not participating we need to find a new GM before the draft.