Surprising, Miller traded to Texans

Bill

I think they wanted to make sure they had a suitor. Let's face it, they had tried to trade him for the six months with no takers. He hits free agency next year. We save 1.2 million on cap and only suffer 500k dead money. I wonder what we got in return? Anything is better than letting him walk. I read on one site a swap of late round picks. One said we receive a late round pick. Two are totally different. I'm hoping for a 5th for a 7th?

It's truly a shame. I had high expectations for him. I honestly thought he'd develop into a legit #1 WR. 

9 receptions in the last 5 games (including playoff game). He has been a non factor most of his career. They were not resigning or extending and with players reporting this week, it makes sense. Goodwin and Byrd are both better. Get something for him, just wish it was before or during the draft. What a waste of a 2nd round pick. 

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Out of curiosity what picks do we still have in 2022?  Way down the road but just wondering.

We now have the following: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 5th (HOU), 6th

1st and 4th to NYG for Fields, 7th to HOU with Miller.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't understand why the Bears keeping adding anyone other that a LT.  There is no one who can serve as a backup with experience better than anyone on the team already.  Really

They may be waiting to see what shakes loose once the camps start whittling down their numbers. I still think they need one more body for ILB.