Wentz out 5-12 weeks?

adam

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Did y'all see the Foles interview?  It was basically, I'm a bear now, but come get me Colts...

Up to 3 months and then Wentz has rehab, so it could be 3 1/2 to 4 months before he plays again. At worst that is November/December. At best October. Foles agent should be busy getting this done. Such an obvious fit with the coaches there.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Up to 3 months and then Wentz has rehab, so it could be 3 1/2 to 4 months before he plays again. At worst that is November/December. At best October. Foles agent should be busy getting this done. Such an obvious fit with the coaches there.

Add that it would be a tremendous blessing to get a pick and millions off the books.  Maybe we could afford for a legit backup left tackle.

Just to show my ignorance I don't seeing it happening.  Wentz would have to sign off at the least.  I understand most fans say players should not be allowed to voice their opinion on trades etc.  But it just seems like it would bring a whole troublesome dynamic to the team and locker room.   Now watch them make the trade tonight or tomorrow. 

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

Just to show my ignorance I don't seeing it happening.  Wentz would have to sign off at the least.  I understand most fans say players should not be allowed to voice their opinion on trades etc.  But it just seems like it would bring a whole troublesome dynamic to the team and locker room.   Now watch them make the trade tonight or tomorrow. 

Wentz doesn't have that kinda clout.  He could possibly be out for the season and the other 3 QB's in Colts camp have zero NFL game snaps.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Foles was Wentz's backup in Philly with the now HC of Indy their Offensive Coordinator in Philly. Wentz & Foles are probably good friends. Foles knows their system in Indy. It would be a perfect scenario. Does it mean it will happen? NO. But I wouldn't rule it out.

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Wentz doesn't have that kinda clout.  He could possibly be out for the season and the other 3 QB's in Colts camp have zero NFL game snaps.

Of course not.  But he was traded for and thought of as a reclamation project. With the hope of some upside.   Why would they then trade for the guy who might of put him in that mindset.   Foles is no teams long term or even short term answer anymore.  Might as well just keep those you have.  Foles is not taking any team anywhere.

And just to be debating myself.  I don't think the Bears have any NFL reg. season OT's in camp with game snaps.  Sorry left OT's

4 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

BearFan NYC, what is the minimum you want for Foles? 5th again?

Id be thrilled with a 4th, a 5th sounds right, but if it was a 6th or nothing, Id take it just to get his salary off the books.

5 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Id be thrilled with a 4th, a 5th sounds right, but if it was a 6th or nothing, Id take it just to get his salary off the books.

The main issue with Indy is the Foles-Wentz drama. Foles can start on a few teams and would definitely be a QB2 on most others. It is crazy to think we have him sitting as QB3. Hopefully we can get something for him and gain some cap space to boot.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Foles is not taking any team anywhere.

C'mon man!  Do you think he lost his youth and skill?  He's 32.  You are talking about the same guy that lead the Eagles to a Superbowl won over the evil empire.  And who was the OC? You got it, Frank Reich.  The Colts are loaded and ready.

5 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

C'mon man!  Do you think he lost his youth and skill?  He's 32.  You are talking about the same guy that lead the Eagles to a Superbowl won over the evil empire.  And who was the OC? You got it, Frank Reich.  The Colts are loaded and ready.

Yeah Foles is a niche QB, in the right system and with a great O-Line, he can be really good. 

They were talking about it on the NFL XM station this morning.  They did bring up the dynamic about bringing Foles in to replace an injured Wentz and how that could create some drama for Wentz in sort of a "here we go again".   Another name they brought up was possibly reaching out to Rivers and see if he would be willing to come back.   Bottom line is they need a veteran QB to step in, Foles has said he'd prefer to go somewhere where he has familiarity.  The Colt's situation could work out well for both them and Foles.  I don't think this will create drama but Wentz and Foles are both professionals and understand the situation, I don't foresee either one of them creating issues.   I also don't see Rivers coming out of retirement.  I could see Foles being up for this opportunity to go from our 3rd string guy to at least a temporary starter.  I'm sure he believes he can still be a starter in this league and this gives him the chance to prove that and audition for his next gig rathe than be buried in our depth chart and not see the field.  

9 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

Depending on what the FA QB market looks like, the Bears should ask for a 3rd. Indy should offer a 5th and they settle on a 4th.  

I did read indy will not make this trade thus early.  Maybe not enough cap?

3 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah Foles is a niche QB, in the right system and with a great O-Line, he can be really good. 

Are there any concerns for Foles' contract? Still valued in the $5-6 Million range(?)  Would Indy have to take that on and would they be willing after paying a pretty penny for Wentz?  

I saw some rumblings about Trubisky being discussed for Indy too. Although I think that's really unlikely...but intriguing.  

36 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Depending on what the FA QB market looks like, the Bears should ask for a 3rd. Indy should offer a 5th and they settle on a 4th.  

I did read indy will not make this trade thus early.  Maybe not enough cap?

I agree, but since we all know the dynamic, and the Bears really dont have any options, I doubt we will get a 4th. If we do, I'll be very happy to get it.

38 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Are there any concerns for Foles' contract? Still valued in the $5-6 Million range(?)  Would Indy have to take that on and would they be willing after paying a pretty penny for Wentz?  

I saw some rumblings about Trubisky being discussed for Indy too. Although I think that's really unlikely...but intriguing.  

if they DO need a backup who will start for them, 5 to 6 million is not a bad price at all.

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Somewhat related but could figure into future plans, Colts starting Left OG Quentin Nelson reported to have similar injury as Wentz and will have similar procedure.  

And Chris Mortenson is a bit more optimistic about Wentz’ return and less about the Colts needing another QB.

This feels like posturing by the Colts. We don't need any of those guys....drive down price, but if you are willing to part with your QB3, we will give you a 6th.

Starting rehab after two weeks is normal for most surgeries, but the recovery is a month to two months. Also, most recovery doesn't consider contact. 

7 minutes ago, adam said:

This feels like posturing by the Colts. We don't need any of those guys....drive down price, but if you are willing to part with your QB3, we will give you a 6th.

Starting rehab after two weeks is normal for most surgeries, but the recovery is a month to two months. Also, most recovery doesn't consider contact. 

exactly. Mentioning Minshew and Mariota by name "we have options" it's BS. do your dance and then argue whether it's a 4th or a 5th. So dumb.