Views from the Arm Chair QB, GM, Coach Dumbass...

Mongo3451

So, here we are again wondering what went wrong and how to fix it.  Let’s start with our first offensive series.  On the second play from scrimmage Monty hits a nice hole for 41 yards.  It was great play with flawed execution.  Why?  If Montgomery switches hands with the football and uses a stiff arm, he scores.  He learned this in fourth or fifth grade.  Plain and simple, opportunity missed.  After no gain by Williams, because Nagy decided Monty needed a rest after running a forty, Fields enters the game.  Boom, 8-yard pickup to the three yard line.  In comes Dalton, why?  Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to let Fields utilize his tremendous gifts with three yards to go?  How easy would it be to grind out a yard for first down, then one yard for a touchdown.  No question mark on the previous sentence due to entering the mind of Matt Nagy.  He needed the veteran Dalton to lead the team to the touchdown to feed his storyline and unearned ego.   Next, we have a false start on a play that was going nowhere, followed by a timeout 3 minutes into the game because Nagy can’t manage down and distance while calling the offense.  IMO he already had the next play in his head because his ego told him it was going to be a first down.  What happens next is pure Andy Dalton.  It epitomizes his entire career of one back breaking interception after another.  How could he not see that the linebacker was in position to make that play?  How could he not see Cole Kmet wide open against a DB?  Game over. 

Please don’t get me started on the highest paid members of our defense.  We had 55 mil a year out there between Mack, Hicks, Quinn and Jackson and they did nothing.  Quinn gift wrapped that bomb to Stafford by fully biting on a play action fake that gave Stafford all the room and time needed to eviscerate our secondary.  Note to point, that it was to Kyle Fullers side of the field. (Who was cut to sign Dalton, and because Pace overpaid for Quinn the year before)

Next possession we get nice back-to-back receptions for first down.  The Rams played off the entire game, daring us to run and make those completions. The next series, we throw to the flat on third and eight, which is rarely the best option, while ignoring a wide open Kmet for the second time.  Kmet had room to turn and run for a big play.  On forth and four, Dalton simply doesn’t see Montgomery wide open in the flat.  Honestly, if we would have kept Mitch on for another season, we would be better off, plus could have kept Fuller. (BTW, I was on the record stating that before it all happened) Did Dalton figure that since he screwed up by throwing to the flat that he should go elsewhere the next play?  Another piece of his playoff winless career.  Here’s his numbers for his 4 playoff appearances.  One TD, 6 INT and a 57.8 passer rating. 

I’m not going into the rest of this game, because it is futile.  But I am going to reiterate my true disdain for Ryan Pace.  From the day he didn’t listen to John Fox about wanting Desean Watson or Pat Mahommes to the day he started binge trading our draft picks once he looked into Mitchell Trubisky’s chocolate drop eyes, he has traded away two and a half drafts worth of picks.  That’s enough picks to have gotten one of the great receivers out of the 2019 class.  It’s also enough to have drafted depth at corner, safety, DT and edge.  He got lucky to get Fields.  He wasn’t good.  Virginia could’ve made that trade because the Giants were dying to make it.  He follows that up by drafting, wait, trading up for a right tackle with a back issue.  But Pace knows so much, Jenkins is healed and now a left tackle on a team with zero left tackles.  And yes, I was on the record with that before the Jenkins injury.  Now we are stuck in a situation where Eddie Jackson doesn’t have to tackle, let alone touch guys that have the ball near him.  I could go on, but WTF.  One last thing, If Pace wants to save his reputation, he needs to be Matt Nagy’s boss and sit his ass down from play calling, permanently.  Nagy needs to get ahold of HIS team and breath some fire into the defense, instead of going to the presser and throwing his DC under the bus.  Then, saying Desai was good on the headset????  Is that some code they have at Halas Hall for how Pace and Nagy still have jobs?  I’ve said too much…

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

So, here we are again wondering what went wrong and how to fix it.  Let’s start with our first offensive series.  On the second play from scrimmage Monty hits a nice hole for 41 yards.  It was great play with flawed execution.  Why?  If Montgomery switches hands with the football and uses a stiff arm, he scores.  He learned this in fourth or fifth grade.  Plain and simple, opportunity missed.  After no gain by Williams, because Nagy decided Monty needed a rest after running a forty, Fields enters the game.  Boom, 8-yard pickup to the three yard line.  In comes Dalton, why?  Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to let Fields utilize his tremendous gifts with three yards to go?  How easy would it be to grind out a yard for first down, then one yard for a touchdown.  No question mark on the previous sentence due to entering the mind of Matt Nagy.  He needed the veteran Dalton to lead the team to the touchdown to feed his storyline and unearned ego.   Next, we have a false start on a play that was going nowhere, followed by a timeout 3 minutes into the game because Nagy can’t manage down and distance while calling the offense.  IMO he already had the next play in his head because his ego told him it was going to be a first down.  What happens next is pure Andy Dalton.  It epitomizes his entire career of one back breaking interception after another.  How could not see that the linebacker was in position to make that play?  How could he not see Cole Kmet wide open against a DB?  Game over. 

Please don’t get me started on the highest paid members of our defense.  We a had 55 mil a year out there between Mack, Hicks, Quinn and Jackson did nothing.  Quinn gift wrapped that bomb to Stafford by fully biting on a play action fake that gave Stafford all the room and time needed to eviscerate our secondary.  Note to point, that it was to Kyle Fullers side of the field. (Who was cut to sign Dalton, and because Pace overpaid for Quinn the year before)

Next possession we get nice back-to-back receptions for first down.  The Rams played off the entire game, daring us to run and make those completions. The next series, we throw to the flat on third and eight, which is rarely the best option, while ignoring a wide open Kmet for the second time.  Kmet had room to turn and run for a big play.  On forth and four, Dalton simply doesn’t Montgomery wide open in the flat.  Honestly, if we would have kept Mitch on for another season, we would be better off, plus could have kept Fuller. (BTW, I was on the record stating that before it all happened) Did Dalton figure that since he screwed up by throwing to the flat that he should elsewhere the next play?  Another piece of his playoff winless career.  Here’s his numbers for his 4 playoff appearances.  One TD, 6 INT and a 57.8 passer rating. 

I’m not going into the rest of this game, because it is futile.  But I am going to reiterate my true disdain for Ryan Pace.  From the day he didn’t listen to John Fox about wanting Desean Watson or Pat Mahommes to the day he started binge trading our draft picks once he looked into Mitchell Trubisky’s chocolate drop eyes, he has traded away two and a half drafts worth of picks.  That’s enough picks to have gotten one of the great receivers out of the 2019 class.  It’s also enough to have drafted depth at corner, safety, DT and edge.  He got lucky to get Fields.  He wasn’t good.  Virginia could’ve made that trade because the Giants were dying to make it.  He follows that up by drafting, wait, trading up for a right tackle with a back issue.  But Pace knows so much, Jenkins is healed and now a left tackle on a team with zero left tackles.  And yes, I was on the record with that before the Jenkins injury.  Now we are stuck in a situation where Eddie Jackson doesn’t have to tackle, let alone touch guys that have the ball near him.  I could go on, but WTF.  One last thing, If Pace wants to save his reputation, he needs to be Matt Nagy’s boss and sit his ass down from play calling, permanently.  Nagy needs to get ahold of HIS team and breath some fire into the defense, instead of going to the presser and throwing his DC under the bus.  Then, saying Desai was good on the headset????  Is that some code they have at Halas Hall for how Pace and Nagy stills have jobs?  I’ve said too much…

You nailed it...

To me one of the most alarming things about the game was the Bears dominated the TOP, which meant the defense got a ton of rest and still got torched for 34 pts. Jackson is the most overrated player in football. I would trade him for anything at this point. He has never been the same since his injury. 

It is clear Nagy is over his head with play calling and quite possibly head coaching. Dalton did nothing that Fields can't do, so you might as well start him to get him experience.

I have a feeling this is going to be a long, bad year.