Week 3 Official Game Thread - CHI @ CLE , +7.5, O/U 46.5, SUN 9/26, 12:00PM CT - FOX

adam

7.5 dogs seems a little high, but understandable. The Browns beat a terrible Texans team by 10 at home.

However, it will be like a home game if Fields starts. Fields will finally get a week of practice with the 1s and hopefully build off his play from Sunday. 

This is an interesting matchup. Cleveland lost to KC and beat HOU. Just like the Bears lost to LAR and beat CIN. I feel like CLE is better than CIN but HOU, with Tyrod Taylor and Davis Mills at QB put up 21 pts and had the Texans within 3 pts with 8 mins to go. The Texans had two more drives, a punt and a missed FG. So there will be opportunities to score. 

I feel like Cleveland's strengths play right into the Bears strengths, running the ball and defending against the run. I almost like the matchup better than I did for Cincy. Cleveland uses their TEs a lot. Njoku has 5 receptions, Hooper has 8, and Bryant has 5. Landry is the only WR with more than 3 receptions. The Bears biggest weakness on Defense is slot corner, which the Bears can mask with the Big Nickel. 

One other important note on defense, Mario Edwards is back from his two game suspension. Fresh legs and he was very productive last year and will help that front 7 rotation. If Goldman is back, that will be even more defensive firepower. 

Mayfield also hurt his non-throwing shoulder but that may still be lingering come Sunday.

I am going with a Bears upset 24-20 with the defense making a stop in the RZ to seal the win.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

Can we stop the run? Idk

We stopped the Rams running game better than Indy did and then held Mixon to 69 yds rushing after he had 127 against Minnesota. Chubb is averaging 6.8 which is unsustainable and Hunt averages 4.4. Those are both due for a correction. CLE is 3rd in rushing and the Bears Def is 5th against the run. I would rather have them try to run instead of targeting the Slot Corner all game.

After the lack of targets, I feel like the Bears are going to go TE happy against the Browns. Kelce was 6-76 and 2 TDs against the Browns in Week 1. 

Since they barely got targeted last week, there is pretty much zero tape on Kmet, Graham, and James. This would be a great time to target them and use a ton of play action to stop the pass rush. 

58 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It seems we're on a roller coaster , look good one week look bad the nex.

Hell, you don't have to go beyond one game to see that roller-coaster effect.  Last week (aside from the first TD score) our team put out relative garbage for most of the first half.  Then the defense went off and had 4 turnovers (1 fumble recovery and three INTs) and a sack or two.  But then late in the game the defense went to sleep and allowed Cincy to rally back within 3 pts.  Thank gosh the clock ran out when it did.  We saw it the week before when both Jackson and Gipson didn't down the receiver when they passed him while on the ground.  Who then promptly stood up and scored. 

That's definitely a Nagy/Desai issue with lack of discipline to keep the pressure up on both sides of the ball for the full 60 minutes.   

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Looks like one good hit would knock him out of game.  Hope he doesn't get hurt.

Cleveland is 3-3 in their last 6 games dating back to last year. The Bears are 4-2 with no QB. The Browns were no better than a Tyrod Taylor led no-name offense for a half of football. 

It feels like they are due for a correction. This also lines up perfectly for Fields, playing in a somewhat non-hostile crowd. Many will be cheering for him and he is a hard player not to like. 

See that Goldman is out again… Goldman hasn’t played a snap since 2019.  DT Margus Hunt was brought up from the PS to fill the vacancy.

Last week my not knowing how the Bears would play, played to my favor. I’ll go with the same blind ambition and suggest the Bears will win, 26-17.  Don’t know why or how.