Week 14 Official Game Thread - CHI at GB on SNF (Prime Time)

adam

29 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Once Vildor is flagged, he becomes an illegal participant in the play.  They could have sodomized him without a penalty. That's not true, but the ref really doesn't care after that point...

Wouldn’t this be one of those things that could be “off-setting”?  

The same ref who saw Vildor ‘step off’ the field (threw his hat to indicate the foul) was seen later in the game doing it again.  Not on the call Adam asked about where the GB player ran practically the length of the field inside the sideline.  Seems he was focusing a lot on those infringements…most of the time.  

47 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Wouldn’t this be one of those things that could be “off-setting”?  

The same ref who saw Vildor ‘step off’ the field (threw his hat to indicate the foul) was seen later in the game doing it again.  Not on the call Adam asked about where the GB player ran practically the length of the field inside the sideline.  Seems he was focusing a lot on those infringements…most of the time.  

It would offset and they would rekick. However, Nagy could go for it at that point, which was the right thing to do in the first place.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, Mongo3451 said:

The main difference between Vildor and the Packer guy was that Vildor ran out of bounds on his own.  The Packer player was forced out.  By letter of rule, it's an instant penalty on Vildor, cut and dry.  The Packer player should have made an attempt to enter the field sooner, which is not as easy to detect due to the speed of the game and the referee being on the move too.

You can find what Vildor did in every NFL game every week and it's not flagged.  

In other news, COVID protocols are causing some issues among teams.  Many positive tests over the last couple days. I heard on some ESPN show that some teams may have to postpone/resched their games and some, like the Browns, have as many as 9 players (to include Mayfield today) that tested positive this week.

The Bills’ Josh Allen will be “limited” for the team’s walkthrough practice this week due to a lower leg injury he suffered last week. Meaning it could be Trubiksy time in Buffalo for week 15.  I’ll be interested to see how that goes.  

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I imagine this would go under the week 15 Game Thread.  But for your consideration. Possible Borom and Jenkins will swap positions this week. 

At this point, they need to find the best combination. Jenkins better dominate on the right side, otherwise that draft pick seems a little high for a RT. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

In other news, COVID protocols are causing some issues among teams.  Many positive tests over the last couple days. I heard on some ESPN show that some teams may have to postpone/resched their games and some, like the Browns, have as many as 9 players (to include Mayfield today) that tested positive this week.

The Bills’ Josh Allen will be “limited” for the team’s walkthrough practice this week due to a lower leg injury he suffered last week. Meaning it could be Trubiksy time in Buffalo for week 15.  I’ll be interested to see how that goes.  

The Buffalo Offensive Line will look like All Pros compared to what Trubisky had. He is also throwing to Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Knox, and Davis. His RBs can all catch the ball out of the backfield, so he has a check with Singletary, Moss, and Breida. I am sure he will look very solid.

45 minutes ago, adam said:

At this point, they need to find the best combination. Jenkins better dominate on the right side, otherwise that draft pick seems a little high for a RT. 

No such thing as too high to pick a tackle if they are good. Jenkins had one game with literally no practice time. The only thing to even note is he played with the nastiness I want an olineman to play with. Glad he will get these few games to get his feet wet and put him in a better position for what he needs to do in offseason to get better. 

21 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

No such thing as too high to pick a tackle if they are good. Jenkins had one game with literally no practice time. The only thing to even note is he played with the nastiness I want an olineman to play with. Glad he will get these few games to get his feet wet and put him in a better position for what he needs to do in offseason to get better. 

Agreed.  My biggest hope is that he is learning everything he can from Jason Peters.

BTW, outside of punting at 4th and inches down 11 in GB territory, Nagy only gave Monty 1 carry in the 2nd half. Talk about lack of adjustments. He is such a bad coach and you can tell it has rubbed off on some of the players. There is zero accountability. Former professionals like ARob can just take plays off and nothing is done about it. Jackson should've been benched multiple times for his lack of effort, yet he is allowed to roam around the secondary as the 11th player on the field doing absolutely nothing. 

He had his first pass defended of the season against GB. His first. 

As much as a "player's coach" is liked, they still have to draw a line and I don't think Nagy did that. Same for Pace, I heard he is one of those guys that avoids confrontation. As the GM, you are going to have to make hard decisions, and at times, there will be confrontations that you will have to address. Avoiding them doesn't make them go away.