Bears 2022 Opponents

adam

Every year it seems the schedule provides a 1-2 game swing per season. Even with the same team, you can see the fluctuations. The Bears were 8-8 and are going to go 6-11 or 7-10 (a 1.5 to 2.5 game swing from last year) who faced one of the toughest schedules in the league. I see the same thing happening next year back to the positive. 

The NFC North gets the AFC East and NFC East next year. The Bears also get the extra home game next year.  A bad year next year is 9 wins (DET x2, MIN, WFT, MIA, NYG, NYJ, ATL, and HOU) with other winnable games against PHI and MIN. The toughest games are obviously GB x2, BUF, NE, DAL, and SF. However, an improved Bears team should win a few of those as well. 

Home
Detroit Lions - It's the Lions
Green Bay Packers - Dependent on officials and what Rodgers and Adams do
Minnesota Vikings - In prime time or not, see Cousins?
Philadelphia Eagles - I don't know what to make of them. I think they are an ok team in a bad division.
Washington Football Team - Fools gold from last year. This team is regressing fast.
Buffalo Bills - A lot worse than I expected, home game for Bears makes this a better matchup.
Miami Dolphins - Miami is an ok team, turnover-prone with Tua.
AFC South  (HOU) - Getting HOU here would be great.
NFC West (SF) - will depend on the QB, but Lance will basically be a rookie next year.

Away
Dallas Cowboys - Check record for Dak against winning teams. He beats bad teams but rarely beats good ones. So it will depend on what the Bears look like. Elliott is very overrated, completely O-Line dependent.
Detroit Lions - It's the Lions
Green Bay Packers - Dependent on officials and what Rodgers and Adams do
Minnesota Vikings - In prime time or not, see Cousins?
New England Patriots - This is going to be a great game, hopefully not in December or January. Fields vs Jones.
New York Giants - I see a repeat from this week. Giants are bad and not getting better.
New York Jets - Wilson vs Fields. Jets are like the Lions of the AFC. 
NFC South (ATL) - I feel like ATL is at the end of an era with Ryan and may be worse next year than this year.

I feel like this schedule is made for at least a 10 win season without too much resistance.  Besides GB, the worst road game is NE? DAL, DET, MIN, and ATL are all domes, so weather won't be a factor.

In comparison, GB will get TB, LAR/ARZ, and TEN next year. GB also went 5-1 in games decided by 3 pts or less. They are 13-3 and could easily be 9-7. The Bears are 6-10 and could easily be 8-8. I know the gap feels much bigger, but it's really not.

Thoughts?