Bears UFA OTC Values

adam

Here is a list of the Bears UFAs, and their OTC Valuations:

1. Nichols - $6.5M - if the Bears view him as a 3T they may consider him
2. Daniels - $6.3M - Up to Poles, does he fit the mold?
3. Mustipher - $4.3M - No way am I paying Mustipher that lol.
4. Bars - $4.1M - Backup OL, not making that much.
5. Robinson - $3M - this is how low his value dropped after last year, but he will still make over $10M on some team.
6. Hicks - $2.4M - age and injury have killed his value, but he will still get paid

Guys like Grant, Gipson, etc for some reason don't have a valuation right now.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think those  values are realistic. Daniels will be 8 to 10. Hicks 5 to7, Robinson around 12. . No one is paying Mustifer or Bars that. Nichols is probably spot on. 

Agreed on all except Robinson.  I'm hearing he's going to get at least fifteen.  They are being it on this year being a catastrophe.

15 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think those  values are realistic. Daniels will be 8 to 10. Hicks 5 to7, Robinson around 12. . No one is paying Mustifer or Bars that. Nichols is probably spot on. 

I find it hard to believe being part of Nagy's offense helped any player's value with the possible exception of Mooney.  Nothing like being the one consistent player on a bad offense to help you standout and make other teams think wow how much better will he be with help at the other WR positions. 

For Daniels, I think a lot of people will remember that Cleveland game where Fields was sacked every other play and from there to the HC being fired.  Daniels might be a good player but I can't remember anything special he did all year long even though I just watched his 2021 highlights.  I suspect we could just as easily have a low-lights video too.  I think his value likely falls into that $6-7mil range.  Spotrac has him at $7mil. 

At the end of the day this decision is less about Daniels and more about Borom.   If our GM feels Borom's natural position is RG then he's going there.   That leaves Daniel's options in Chicago limited to Center, a position he was not very good at.  While he may have learned and be better there next year, how much is Poles willing to commit to that experiment?  Despite the position switch Daniels' will want the RG starter money he's earned so he's not likely to take a discount to stay with Bears to play OC again. 

If Borom is the RG of the future, does Poles prefer to just pay a known OC commodity the money he'd be giving Daniels?  Since it appears there are a few good OC options in FA, then in this situation I think Poles is more likely to go with the known good commodity and pay a FA OC and let Daniels' go.  If he chooses Daniels at OC and it turns out he was wrong then he's got to trade him next year.  I don't see the risk-reward ratio falling in favor of keeping Daniels to play OC.        

If he can get Daniels back at 6 to 7, I think he does it. Last yr was nothing special but he has gotten better every year. I'm not big on PFF but it is something to use for comparison . His rating was 70.3. In there metrics that was above average for his position. He's 24 very young for someone to be getting a second contract. Many people has said his best position is OC. When he played center originally  he had problems with the line calls , not the physically of the position.If Poles believes he can excell there , that would be a cheap price going forward. Move Borom to RG or draft one, my choice would be to draft Zion Johnson if available. Like someone else suggested, the best scenario is a LT is at 39,  draft him and shuffle the line now and let them grow. If the OT isn't ready yet bring back Peters for one year. 

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If he can get Daniels back at 6 to 7, I think he does it. Last yr was nothing special but he has gotten better every year. I'm not big on PFF but it is something to use for comparison . His rating was 70.3. In there metrics that was above average for his position. He's 24 very young for someone to be getting a second contract. Many people has said his best position is OC. When he played center originally  he had problems with the line calls , not the physically of the position.If Poles believes he can excell there , that would be a cheap price going forward. Move Borom to RG or draft one, my choice would be to draft Zion Johnson if available. Like someone else suggested, the best scenario is a LT is at 39,  draft him and shuffle the line now and let them grow. If the OT isn't ready yet bring back Peters for one year. 

I think they will get one of the FA LT's.  

28 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I think they will get one of the FA LT's.  

That would be great, but it will cost to get a good one.  KC gave up four picks to get theirs, so it's easy to assume they plan to keep him.  The Jags are desperate to help Lawrence stay upright, so there's that.  Not sure how good any below those two will be.

39 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

That would be great, but it will cost to get a good one.  KC gave up four picks to get theirs, so it's easy to assume they plan to keep him.  The Jags are desperate to help Lawrence stay upright, so there's that.  Not sure how good any below those two will be.

I don’t know that either team does it though. Cam could get tagged twice - but that rarely happens and Chiefs have cap challenges and may not be able to give Brown the money/tag. We shall see.