Back To The Cover 2

lemonej

When Vic Fangio was named to John Fox's staff, I wondered what was coming.

Now with Eberflus coaching the Cover 2 defense, I have the same questions! Who on this roster fits this scheme?

Our new GM has made it clear that he is going to build this team in step with his coach.

I love this and I'm willing to wait on the results

Or who on our team that didn't play well in last scheme, can play better in this scheme? The SAM LB is only on the field in Flus cover two for 20% of time. Can Jackson look like old AJAC with change ? Does Vidor and Graham play better in zone than man to man? We obtained our NB in SS Cluirshank? Who shut down TEs in nickel at Tennessee. Flus wants 7 to the ball every play. Who fits better than two LBs with 4.51 and 4.52 speed. No matter how you say it Quinn plays his best as a DE in his career. Gibson was DE in college, so better fit for him. Roquin is a stud can play in any scheme. I think possible that one of top picks will be a speedy safety. Nick Cross has 4.34 speed. Imagine this defense with great speed, will be fun to watch.

1 hour ago, lemonej said:

When Vic Fangio was named to John Fox's staff, I wondered what was coming.

Now with Eberflus coaching the Cover 2 defense, I have the same questions! Who on this roster fits this scheme?

Our new GM has made it clear that he is going to build this team in step with his coach.

I love this and I'm willing to wait on the results

As long as the coach knows what he is doing this is good.  Pace built the roster for Nagy to a fault and didn't do a good job holding his HC accountable.  IIRC the TE from Philly in year 1, CPat who was used on runs up the middle in the redzone, Cohen new deal, etc.).  

55 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Or who on our team that didn't play well in last scheme, can play better in this scheme? The SAM LB is only on the field in Flus cover two for 20% of time. Can Jackson look like old AJAC with change ? Does Vidor and Graham play better in zone than man to man? We obtained our NB in SS Cluirshank? Who shut down TEs in nickel at Tennessee. Flus wants 7 to the ball every play. Who fits better than two LBs with 4.51 and 4.52 speed. No matter how you say it Quinn plays his best as a DE in his career. Gibson was DE in college, so better fit for him. Roquin is a stud can play in any scheme. I think possible that one of top picks will be a speedy safety. Nick Cross has 4.34 speed. Imagine this defense with great speed, will be fun to watch.

As much as I like the safety options in Rd 2 I think drafting a 3-tech is much more likely than a safety.   I prefer this style defense when it has great pass rush and the DBs can just focus on what is in front of them knowing the ball is coming out on schedule with the routes.