Earl Thomas Ready for Come Back

AZ54

Given our situation where we really need help and leadership in the defensive backfield I'm all in on Poles kicking the tires here.  As long as he is healthy and in shape I'm in...sign him.  Considering the style of defense we're moving toward which is much more see-it-and-react is what Thomas excelled at we should be ok with him on the field.  I'm not expecting him to be great but unless we draft a S in Rd 2, which is unlikely, his leadership and experience is going to be a plus over any other option we have.   

Earl was the heart beat of the Seahawks great defense.  A 1yr rental to help us right the ship will help us if for no other reason than teaching the young players to be successful.  He is also the type of player and vocal leader, one of very few, who might be able to get Eddie Jackson's head on straight and return him to his true potential.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10033486-earl-thomas-ready-for-nfl-return-won-super-bowl-48-with-seahawks

I'm not sure.  I assume Baltimore would have first crack at signing him but they usually have a good defense so I doubt they'd be interested.   How many teams have as many holes as we do with as few picks as we have?  

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

After retiring does his old team have be compensated?

What team is that ? He was let go by Seattle after his injury and the image of him flipping off someone is what I remember and he went through free agency IIRC

50 minutes ago, lemonej said:

What team is that ? He was let go by Seattle after his injury and the image of him flipping off someone is what I remember and he went through free agency IIRC

That's right.  He wanted the contract extension and didn't get it.  Then he gets hurt and gave them the big f u as they were carting him off.