Roquan holding out for new contract

adam

24 minutes ago, adam said:

Here we go.

I really hope Poles gets this done ASAP.

I agree 100%. I have no doubt Poles had plans on a new contract for Smith. Best do it now and have our Defensive MVP locked up for the next 4 or 5 years. He is, IMO, a top 5 ILB and should be paid as such. I'm okay if it takes a few weeks to get the contract resolved. I'd prefer him stay healthy and fresh for the season, energized by a new contract.

38 minutes ago, adam said:

Here we go.

I really hope Poles gets this done ASAP.

I had thought having Cliff Stein back with doing contract negotiations things like this and the holdout of Brisker would be less often.  Its a little disturbing to hear "Smith has not yet received an offer he would remotely consider..."  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I had thought having Cliff Stein back with doing contract negotiations things like this and the holdout of Brisker would be less often.  Its a little disturbing to hear "Smith has not yet received an offer he would remotely consider..."  

well they never say "oh we are pretty close" because then youre leaving possible money on the table. Its always no freakin way until its yes.

Smith doesn't have an agent which makes it complicated. Stein is use to negotiating , Smith probably got one offer and gets pissed off. Unless he gets to be the highest paid LB, he may think anything less is garbage. At least an agent understands the process.