State of the Roster...

Mongo3451

What an off season!  I don't think we've ever witnessed a year of such great turnover.  We were one of the oldest teams in the NFL last year and are now one of the youngest.

Going into the off season, we identified OL, DB and WR as the weakest units and that is where the greatest attention was given.  Great job guys!

I'm going to rank each unit of the team 1-32 and am interested to see what y'all think as well.

DB - 16

LB - 18

DL - 22

OL - 31

RB - 3

WR - 24

TE - 8

QB - 18

What I look for in this roster is to make tremendous strides in growth.  They must.  There is talent all over the board, but there's no film on a lot of them.  I'm predicting 6 wins with a huge wish for being an idiot.

The offense was 26th and defense 13th last year.

On offense, QB should be better, RB at least a push, TE a push, WR a push, and OL actually improved. So I am thinking offense around 20th, all units between 10th (RB) to 28th (WR). OL probably around 25. QB and TE 15th?

On defense, the DL 20th (Edge 10th/Interior 30th), LBs 15th, DBs 10th, overall 15th.

7 to 8 wins

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

What an off season!  I don't think we've ever witnessed a year of such great turnover.  We were one of the oldest teams in the NFL last year and are now one of the youngest.

Going into the off season, we identified OL, DB and WR as the weakest units and that is where the greatest attention was given.  Great job guys!

I'm going to rank each unit of the team 1-32 and am interested to see what y'all think as well.

DB - 16

LB - 18

DL - 22

OL - 31

RB - 3

WR - 24

TE - 8

QB - 18

What I look for in this roster is to make tremendous strides in growth.  They must.  There is talent all over the board, but there's no film on a lot of them.  I'm predicting 6 wins with a huge wish for being an idiot.

Dline it's hard for me to be confident on the interior at all.  I like the DEs quite a bit so that brings it up especially if we have Quinn on the field.  Take him away and we drop below 25 for sure.  

By position group it's really hard to say.  With the two recent signings I don't see Oline being 31st.  I'd guess more mid-20s and hopefully top 20 in the 2nd half of the season.  I have a feeling these coaches will have the Oline knowing who they should block on each play.  We didn't have that last year.