Fields vs the other 2nd Yr QBs

adam

It seems most if not all of the 2nd year QBs have struggled at some points during this offseason. We will see who is legit when the actual lights come on, but at least from a Fields perspective, he is not the only one who had a bad day or two this offseason. 

Lance: 

Jones:

Wilson:

Lawrence seems like the only one that has had a decent camp throughout, which is good for him. It makes sense going from Urban Meyer to Doug Pederson.

48 minutes ago, lemonej said:

The over analysis of these second year QBs has been over the top this year! Why? Because there isn't a first round rookie to focus on.

That's true but the locals know what they should be seeing.  I don't read it much but I'm sure the national media is still securely fastened to Mac Jones' jock.  

https://nesn.com/2022/08/mac-jones-frustrated-by-this-aspect-of-patriots-offensive-struggles/

On 8/10/2022 at 10:10 PM, AZ54 said:

That's true but the locals know what they should be seeing.  I don't read it much but I'm sure the national media is still securely fastened to Mac Jones' jock.  

https://nesn.com/2022/08/mac-jones-frustrated-by-this-aspect-of-patriots-offensive-struggles/

AZ we go back a bit and I believe the national media has Fields in the bottom of their 2nd year QB rankings. Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence a generational talent is getting a pass.

1 hour ago, lemonej said:

AZ we go back a bit and I believe the national media has Fields in the bottom of their 2nd year QB rankings. Meanwhile Trevor Lawrence a generational talent is getting a pass.

That is what I keep hearing but I'm highly encouraged by what I'm hearing (and what little I can see) coming out of training camp.  Especially here in the last week or so.  I expect things will be pretty vanilla in the KC game but I just want to focus on his composure and mechanics in the pocket.  

As with any young player you look for progress. He will make mistakes and not look good but we will see more and more positive plays going forward. He fits the successful QB mode for the NFL. Great physically, mentally tough, hard worker, desire to be great. He is going to be a star. He has a Michael Jordon attitude but in football. He wants to be great. Nagy screwed everything up last year that made Fields not progress, now we have coaches that teach. That is why I think our team will win more than other people expect. He will actually step up and win some games for us. He will make other players better. As bad as the OL projection looked bad, it appears to be starting to show progress. The injures beside the WR has enough talent to help Fields do well. Mooney is going to be a star, his stats will show that. We added height and speed in the WR room and it will show. We will push the running game to start and the defense will be good and by the end of the year great. Provided Smith gets in camp.

Pretty cool review on Fields. O'Sullivan reviews all the QBs. When I watched Lance's, I didn't get the same opinion as him. Lance had one nice play on a busted coverage by the DB with no overhead cover. Almost any QB could make that throw. Outside of that, Lance's footwork is horrible, he does this little half-step thing like he is skateboarding with his non-dominant foot (if that makes sense).