Eberflus on Game Day

AZ54

In my first summary of the KC game I stated that this team seemed organized.  That was especially true for a new staff, new players, all running new systems and many coaches are in new roles.   In his post-game press conference Eberflus was asked about that and this article sums up the preparation that went into that.  One item he said that isn't in the article is that the decision to go for it on 4th down late in the game was given to Getsy early.   Eberflus told him at the start of that set of downs if he gets to 4th and 3 or less he's going for it. 

Other things stood out to me as well such as how smoothly we looked when we switched from extra pt to going for 2 after our first TD.  It was quick transition with players onto the field with a play to run.  The last item that caught my eye was how smoothly the entire offense hurried up to the new LOS after Sharpe's big catch.   Fields got everyone into position for a quick snap to limit the opportunity for KC to review the play.  I don't know who was on the field on that play but overall we did that with backup TEs/WRs so they are coaching this stuff to everyone in camp, and equally important is that Getsy had the next play call ready to go.  Or they have a given set of plays/signals for this situation.  There was no fumbling through a play sheet to figure it out.   

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/8/13/23304622/bears-matt-eberflus-debut-long-time-coming-replay-challenge-soldier-field-19-14-final-head-coach-nfl

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

In my first summary of the KC game I stated that this team seemed organized.  That was especially true for a new staff, new players, all running new systems and many coaches are in new roles.   In his post-game press conference Eberflus was asked about that and this article sums up the preparation that went into that.  One item he said that isn't in the article is that the decision to go for it on 4th down late in the game was given to Getsy early.   Eberflus told him at the start of that set of downs if he gets to 4th and 3 or less he's going for it. 

Other things stood out to me as well such as how smoothly we looked when we switched from extra pt to going for 2 after our first TD.  It was quick transition with players onto the field with a play to run.  The last item that caught my eye was how smoothly the entire offense hurried up to the new LOS after Sharpe's big catch.   Fields got everyone into position for a quick snap to limit the opportunity for KC to review the play.  I don't know who was on the field on that play but overall we did that with backup TEs/WRs so they are coaching this stuff to everyone in camp, and equally important is that Getsy had the next play call ready to go.  Or they have a given set of plays/signals for this situation.  There was no fumbling through a play sheet to figure it out.   

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2022/8/13/23304622/bears-matt-eberflus-debut-long-time-coming-replay-challenge-soldier-field-19-14-final-head-coach-nfl

Once Fangio left, Nagy got exposed. Besides his terrible play design and play calling, he was a terrible game day HC. Flus even won a challenge.

The coaching staff is a big upgrade. Hopefully, we can get some of these injuries cleaned up, Roquan's situation resolved, and the O-Line solidified before Week 1. 

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

In my first summary of the KC game I stated that this team seemed organized.  That was especially true for a new staff, new players, all running new systems and many coaches are in new roles.

The commentators, during the game, said something like, "it looks like he's been preparing years for this moment."  Things we tend to remember...?