Oline Analysis

AZ54

4 hours ago, adam said:

Jenkins was one of the highest graded players for Week 1 for the Bears and 8th Guard. 

Here he is laying out Bosa, then making the block ahead of Fields. 

Ha ha!  He was excited to the point where he was kinda giving him that look before he headed up field.  One analysis I have on Jenkins is on his help blocking.  He continually shows that he is an unselfish player by always being ready to help.  As he has never played guard before, you can tell by how he over committed his help on the first sack.  It closed the pocket so Fields couldn't step up.  I don't fault him on that play because of one millisecond.  He'll clean that up the more he trusts on what he sees.

On a couple plays I saw some of the same trait from Lucas Patrick.   He keeps his head up and was quick to react to help elsewhere if/when needed.  He moves much better than Mustipher.  I'm pretty optimistic for what we'll have when Patrick is at C with Jenkins at RG.  

I love these kinda of videos. I had a lot of doubts about the oline with so many young players but I think it is headed in the right direction. They got better as the game went on. I heard they changed some blocking assignments on the oline at halftime. Its great having good coaches. If this line grows with 3 and 4 young players starting, what a hell of a job by Poles.