Breakdown of D. Robinson vs. 49ers

AZ54

I hope game 1 was just a tease - cause for as few snaps as he played he was all over the place. If they truly found a guy in him on the D - oh man that would be sweet. Will also be curious to see how he does as he (hopefully) earns more reps and also how he adjusts when the league gets a bit more film on him as well.  Loved the motor and way he played though.  

One thing that really excites me is - he has all the measureables - his weakness was not having played the position - not that he was slow or had short arms or any of that nonsense.  

1 hour ago, adam said:

First pro game, very limited experience, and he is already scouting tendencies against veteran OLinemen? Geez, talk about upside. I could see it being him and Gipson as the starting Edge rushers next year (or maybe even by the trading deadline). 

Yes but if he keeps giving away these secrets the rest of the DE club will give him the boot.  

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He played 29 out of 68 snaps. Wait till he gains some experience.  This could end up being Poles best pick this year.

If Poles ends up with 2 legit starters at key positions LT/DE out of the 5th Rd that's a huge boost to any rebuild.  After day 2 of the draft those were both spots we expected to have to address next offseason and now it might be a moot point.  Assuming Fields ascends to what we want him to become then WR and DT will remain on the top of the list.  Then you add where ever you want CB, LB, TE, LG, swing OT.  That isn't hard to do with $100mil in cap space although that will go down quite a bit with Roquan's new deal.  Toss in a full draft.     

55 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

If Poles ends up with 2 legit starters at key positions LT/DE out of the 5th Rd that's a huge boost to any rebuild.  After day 2 of the draft those were both spots we expected to have to address next offseason and now it might be a moot point.  Assuming Fields ascends to what we want him to become then WR and DT will remain on the top of the list.  Then you add where ever you want CB, LB, TE, LG, swing OT.  That isn't hard to do with $100mil in cap space although that will go down quite a bit with Roquan's new deal.  Toss in a full draft.     

right. however good we manage to be this year, we will be significantly improved next year. This is year 0, but damn if they arent already looking like they want to win now.

I think they are better than the national media projects them to be. For a GM to build thru the draft, it will be interesting to see how he spends 100 mil in FAgency. I suspect some of these cheaper players this year will earn more money as they become core players. If he doesn't overspend for FAs, who will be added?. I don't see him doing a Kirk contract, 17 mil for a #2 WR type. There is no high end WRs in f agency next year. juju or Lazard? That will be a draft pick. A few DTs and CBs but not a lot of stars. No LTs .it's going to be interesting.