Power Rankings

adam

17 minutes ago, adam said:

The Bears are 3-4, beat SF and NE, and were in every game.

ESPN has them at #28:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34830163/nfl-week-8-power-rankings-1-32-poll-2022-season-stats

DEN, NO, CLE, JAX, LVR, IND, WAS, ARZ, ATL and NE are all ahead of the Bears.

These things are such a joke.

I looked others.  They all have us rising.  PFT has us at 18

I think it depends on how much recent-past-averaging they use for each algorithm.

if the question is "who are the Bears right at the moment last night's game ended" then yes, 28 is a joke.

But if the question is "rank these teams based on recent performances, weighting the last 3 games most heavily" then 28 might still be right. But hopefully, not for long.

We all get upset that the media dumps on us, but I think the media is just dumb and amplifies whatever common wisdom is. If youre not that good, then youre terrible, if youre pretty good, then youre amazing etc. The Bears get the short stick on that because weve been on the bad side of the middle. But if we start winning, the media will be al to happy to crown us the next new thing.

So thats OK, the media is silly, but we earn our own way - we just have to strong a bunch of these performances together.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think it depends on how much recent-past-averaging they use for each algorithm.

if the question is "who are the Bears right at the moment last night's game ended" then yes, 28 is a joke.

But if the question is "rank these teams based on recent performances, weighting the last 3 games most heavily" then 28 might still be right. But hopefully, not for long.

We all get upset that the media dumps on us, but I think the media is just dumb and amplifies whatever common wisdom is. If youre not that good, then youre terrible, if youre pretty good, then youre amazing etc. The Bears get the short stick on that because weve been on the bad side of the middle. But if we start winning, the media will be al to happy to crown us the next new thing.

So thats OK, the media is silly, but we earn our own way - we just have to strong a bunch of these performances together.

Yeah, these rankings used to be fairly accurate. Now, it is all to get clicks. 

Even with recentcy bias, the Bears have been in every game and basically lost 3 due to late game fumbles. So even then, they should at least be ahead of every 2 win team at this point. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah, these rankings used to be fairly accurate. Now, it is all to get clicks. 

Even with recentcy bias, the Bears have been in every game and basically lost 3 due to late game fumbles. So even then, they should at least be ahead of every 2 win team at this point. 

all we have to do is a win a few more games. :)