While the Offense Evolves...

Mongo3451

We saw some good things Monday night with our offense dominating in yards, points and TOP.  When Ryan Poles told the coaching staff that it was time to access what we do best, I believe the time was right.  While the outcome is something we've been looking for, it's not the model for our future success.

Current success dictates that we use Justin as a weapon on the ground.  While running QB's might win an MVP, none have won the Super Bowl.  While Justin can have success being Lamar or Cam, his ultimate success would be Steve Young or Josh Allen.  I simply don't think it's sustainable.  Also, as much as I love a good run game with a back like Henry, they ain't going anywhere either.

I'm glad we got a glimpse.  Better yet, glad Poles and company have seen enough to know what Justin needs for development.  Part II of the plan is the most important.  125 mil and the future of the franchise depends upon it.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm glad we got a glimpse.  Better yet, glad Poles and company have seen enough to know what Justin needs for development.  Part II of the plan is the most important.  125 mil and the future of the franchise depends upon it.

Yes. So far poles has been executing the smart plan. But now he has to spend that money on players. He hasnt proven much yet, but he made some good draft choices. I cant wait to see how his talent evaluation skills play into all of this.

You cant really know how good Poles is until after next yr. His original plan looked good but it fell thru. Ogunjobi was the target but that got derailed. In Pittsburgh he has 7 tackles and 1/2 sack. So he is not setting the world on fire but it might have something to do with his injury that scared Poles. He went after Brain Allen, and Joe Notebloom, they both are hurt while in LA. He tried to get Ryan Bates and he is playing well in Buffalo. Had he got all of them, it may have been a different story with the OL. If Taije Sharp and Pringle were healthy, we may be singing a diffent tune about our WR room, but you cant plan for injuries.

As a point of reference, the Acho brothers were some of the smartest guys to have ever played football (IMHO).  Here Emanuel does a simplified breakdown on how the Bears offense scheming offset the NE defense (one of Belichicks usually bright shining stars).  He’s right that if you are able to misguide the LBs just enough in the running game, you have a distinct advantage.  

21 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

As a point of reference, the Acho brothers were some of the smartest guys to have ever played football (IMHO).  Here Emanuel does a simplified breakdown on how the Bears offense scheming offset the NE defense (one of Belichicks usually bright shining stars).  He’s right that if you are able to misguide the LBs just enough in the running game, you have a distinct advantage.  

Just seen that video, our arrow is pointing up.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AZ54 said:

She is a sleep expert so... I still don't see either happening. 

I give it a chance because of how well the team has adapted after their last mini-bye.  Add in a real bye, Fields and the offense are improving (possible four top notch receivers available then; Mooney, Claypool, Harry and Pringle), and both games are back to back at home.  Of the two I could actually see the Eagles losing to the Bears.  Although Allen is recovering from an undisclosed injury to his throwing arm.  Maybe they’re more susceptible? Heck, maybe the Bears beat them both? 

I love all the optimism, and the momentum on offense is undeniable, but no matter how hard they try, while they might be able to fill gaps and stop the run with Rudy-like power of will, this roster is not going to generate consistent 3rd down pass rush, and without that, it's hard to win anything other than high scoring shootouts.