Eiselen Ascending?

AZ54

38 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I hadn't picked up on this but Eberflus intentionally called a timeout late in the Cowboys game to get Eiselen on the field.  

Earlier in the game, he had to go into the game because the doctors upstairs flagged Tevin Jenkins for concussion protocol.  He went to the blue tent to get evaluated and returned.  This here must have been to evaluate a couple snaps to see him against live competition.

I happened to be looking at snap counts for all the players on offense the other day and noticed he had 6 (I think it was) total.  And that Jenkins and Mustipher each had three less than everyone else along the line.  I saw when he went in to spell Jenkins but didn't notice the Mustipher fill-in.  

36 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I happened to be looking at snap counts for all the players on offense the other day and noticed he had 6 (I think it was) total.  And that Jenkins and Mustipher each had three less than everyone else along the line.  I saw when he went in to spell Jenkins but didn't notice the Mustipher fill-in.  

Thanks for looking it up.  I recall hearing Jenkins coming out and Joniak and co were dumbfounded for a second until he went to the med tent. They said Jenkins has been yanked 3 times this year for concussion protocol checks.

What's interesting is the fact Mustifer has played better after Patrick took over and then got hurt. Does he need to replaced (yes) but not sure this is happening. Eiselen is a great story, coming from South Africa having never played football , to going to college to getting on a roster. He is a brute. Always wanted him to succeed. With the need  to upgrade at OC. We have Patrick, Mustifer, Kramer( who got hurt) and Eiselen. I could see Poles expecting one of them to standout instead of drafting one. Definitely need it to be better. 

If feels like the Bears have the right players when healthy to have a decent line, they just haven't found that one combination that is the best. If they can add one more high end player in the draft or via FA this offseason, I feel like the line could be set for a few years. If they can get Center locked down (Eiselen/Kramer, etc), then the next upgrade is needed at RT. 

Schofield has played considerably better than I expected so far, and even Reiff has played better than I expected. 

Next year we have signed, Whitehair, Leatherwood, Patrick, Jenkins,  Borom, B. Jones, T Carter, and Kramer.

They will give Leatherwood every chance to start at RT next year. I suspect he will see some snaps this year but Reiff at RT is probably our best option right now. Even thou Whitehair is older and gets played a lot, I dont see him being gone next year, he is now our best lineman and they want some comfortability going into next year. 

Draft pick or B. Jones at LT,  Whitehair at LG, Patrick or Kramer (possible to draft one ), Jenkins at RG , Leatherwood or Borom ( possible to draft one) for next year.

Note that Orlando Brown is tagged this year for yr 16.6 mil, next yr that would be around 20 mil if they tag him again. That could be Poles big signing in the offseason. He will only be 27 and KC only has 28 mil in cap space for only 33 players signed . That may be open.