Week 15 Official Game Thread - Eagles at Bears, DEC 18th, 12pm, FOX, PHI -9, O/U 49

adam

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Jones is a fumble waiting to happen every time he touches the ball. I dont see him ever being anything major for us. I dont think he makes the 2024 roster.

I dont care how talented a player is , if you fumble all the time , you dont play. He will be around next yr and hopefully show some progress. Gordon played well today and one play the slow Sanborn run down Hurts in the backfield with the QB running away from him. Sanborn will be starting next yr. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in retrospect, Flus says Brisker hit the wrong hole, and had he executed the play the way they drew it up, he'd have blown up Hurts at the LOS.

So, I dont think the staff is calling bad plays on purpose, but I do think they're being risky, which is a way to evaluate players and lose games without losing fire.

So wrong blitz on purpose? I personally dont think so. But blitzing a lot which is high risk high reward? Yes to that, and against a team like the Eagles, that is enough.

15 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

There might be a blown assignment that someone didnt fill that lane, without knowing all of the details, hard to blame coaches. Not saying they dont deserve some criticism for somethings.  I think the defense played fair against a team that averages over 30 points a game. With them basically not having a pass rush, the DBs performed fairly well. Stats didnt look good with both WRs blowing them up, but they have some promising moments. 

Yeah, if a blown assignment, then that is on the players. 

yes brisker screwed up, but it was also an aggressive play call in the first place too. and that's good, I like it, but it shows the coaches are in evaluation mode instead of win now mode because they arent playing it safe. For example, if we were in the playoff hunt, Kmet never would have been asked to block their top pass rusher on an island.