Week 15 Official Game Thread - Eagles at Bears, DEC 18th, 12pm, FOX, PHI -9, O/U 49

adam

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Stinger226 said:

Someone else will have to step forward. A chance to see V Jones and Pringle. Just throw more to Kmet and Monty and Evans.

Yeah, just watched a preview video and forgot Pringle was on the team.  He can be good if he wants to.  And Kmet has really been coming along well.  Then Monty and Herbert are both back in the backfield together.  

On defense you’ve got Brisker back and the emergence of Sanborn and Blackwell is making people take notice. 

My confidence has been restored.  

2 false starts and a first down conversion by Justin. ESB down with what looks like a concussion.  So much for the big body WRs.  

And now Jenkins down with what looks like a significant injury… man the team is taking a beating already.  Started out down a number of players… sheesh. 

10 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

took Jenkins a long time to get up and the whole sideline came on the field. The TV coverage was very light - I saw both shots, but what happened? Why only one replay?

I’m sorta a wimp when it comes to them showing injuries but if I had to guess some upper body (head/neck) injury?  It looked like  he was prone on the cart so they were trying to keep upper area stable. 

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’m sorta a wimp when it comes to them showing injuries but if I had to guess some significant leg injury. 

On the one replay they showed, it seemed like nothing happened. And he spent a long time on the ground. It did look like when he was on the cart they had an air cast or something on his leg, but it was very hard to see, people were in the way in the shot. You may well be right, but it could have been a heart attack or anything. They sure got away from it fast.

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’m sorta a wimp when it comes to them showing injuries but if I had to guess some upper body (head/neck) injury?  It looked like  he was prone on the cart so they were trying to keep upper area stable. 

They are saying it is a neck injury. If it is something that requires surgery, he is done. What crappy luck, it didn't even look that bad.

neck. yikes. he had back surgery last year, too. I sure hope he doesnt have nerve damage, and is mobile.

The way the whole bench came on the field and stood with somber body language tells me it was something concerning.

Hope he's OK.

18 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

On the one replay they showed, it seemed like nothing happened. And he spent a long time on the ground. It did look like when he was on the cart they had an air cast or something on his leg, but it was very hard to see, people were in the way in the shot. You may well be right, but it could have been a heart attack or anything. They sure got away from it fast.

Yeah I changed my thought when I saw him on the cart leaving.  Usually with a leg injury they are sitting upright on the cart.  He was prone flat on his back so they were trying to keep his upper c-spine stable. 

*edit: if there were a silver lining, he didn’t leave directly in an ambulance.  Seen players get picked up off the field directly in the more serious situations.  Still a neck injury for a big guy like this…not a great thing. 

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah I changed my thought when I saw him on the cart leaving.  Usually with a leg injury they are sitting upright on the cart.  He was prone flat on his back so they were trying to keep his upper c-spine stable. 

sending positive thoughts to Jenkins.

on another thought - I just saw Sanborn chase down Hurts from behind. I take back anything I said about him being too slow. He knows how to play football and hes in the right place. If hes a tenth of a second too slow in his forty, he makes decisions two tenths of a second faster than anyone else. Nice.

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And Jaylon Johnson with an amazing PD in the endzone!  (Eventually causing an FG). I have a little more faith in him now.  

yeah, hes been playing really well all day.

And Fields has been looking good as a passer too.